Don't Wake Me

Adrian smiled at Marinette as they left their shared apartment for their date that night. It had been five years since they graduated high school. Five years since they had revealed their true identities to each other and learned that they both liked each other. "Stop staring cat," Marinette said with a laugh before starting to walk away.

He was about to say something in response, but a terrified scream interrupted him. "You know what that means m-lady," he said right before he transformed.

She smirked before transforming herself and lightly punching him in the shoulder. "And I was really looking forward to our date."

Adrien smiled and headed towards where the scream came from and everything went how it should have. They saved Hawkmoth's villain and repaired the city, but right as he was about to kiss her the sound of an alarm woke him up.

He sat up and looked to the empty side of the bed where she used to sleep. Looked at the bedside table where the box that held her earrings used to be. And then the tears came.

He remembered how the mission that night really went. It had been a few years since that dreaded day. He had been planning on proposing to her that night. The night that Hawkmoth decided to make his own special appearance, as well as a horde of supervillains for them to fight. They had managed to save all of his victims, but Hawkmoth had one last trick up his sleeve. And that trick had cost Marinette her life.

He had rushed to Master Fu in hopes of him being able to help her, but it was too late. She was gone, and it was all his fault. Now he was forced to relive every minute of his time with her. When he handed her his umbrella. When he fought beside her. When he first kissed her. When they decided to reveal their identities to each other. The day they moved in together. Every last detail.

He had gotten his revenge on Hawkmoth and got his miraculous back, but he also gave up being Cat Noir because it didn't feel right fighting without her at his side.

Now all he wanted to do was dream about her all night long and never wake up. He hated not being able to hold her. He hated every time they fought but loved every time they made up. Nino had suggested for him to get help and move on, but he also knew that that was unlikely. There was nobody that could help him get over the love he felt for Marinette.

So all he has now are his memories and dreams to remind him of the beautiful woman he loved with all of his heart.