Chapter 1

The day had descended into a dark, gloomy night.

The birds had left for their shelters and the people had retreated back to their homes in wake of the clouds governing the sky.

It was raining in the month of December after the first snow had fallen.

Harsh winds were blowing, getting along with it a hailstorm.

A man was sitting in his car in the driveway of a two-storey house.

When he sees the visuals in the house, he was highly disturbed by them.

He knew nothing but had that murderous instinct in him that could kill anyone at that time by a mere glance.

His girlfriend, who had his heart until now was busy with a man in a sensuous act.

He couldn't control the urge.

He had been cheated by his father who had left his mother for another woman and now, his love was doing the same, getting involved with another man.

There were tears on his face which were falling for the first time in his life after his mother's suicide and he couldn't control them.

He was seeing what he was seeing and that was that his girlfriend was allowing some other man to touch her.

He couldn't control himself, he took out the gun from the glove box and stepped out into the heavy rainstorm.

He put one hand on his head to let him see through the rain and continued through the porch until he reached the door handle and held it.

He opened he door and whispered a sentence to himself.

"I'm not like my father but..."

...

Two gun shots were heard.

Two people dead.

No one was around.

Two dead bodies with bullets embedded in their backs.

*

Cars screeched to a halt in front of a mansion.

Policemen came out of their cars, having handcuffs and a warrant in their hand.

An officer demanded for the convict to be present in front of them otherwise they'll have to search the house.

"Ok sire! Be patient, let me call boss! You please, relax!" The butler said to the officer.

The butler moved to the first floor of the mansion worriedly, thinking why would the police have come at their doorstep at this time and ask for the master.

When he reached his master's room, he found it open but he, still out of courtesy, knocked twice.

"Arnav Baba, the police has come to talk to you," The butler said hesitantly.

When no answer came, he entered inside the room to see his master asleep on the recliner with a glass of scotch besides him.

He woke up his master by touching his shoulder, who inturn gave him in a frown to be woken up at such a time.

"What's the matter Hari Prakash? Couldn't you see I was asleep?" Arnav Singh Raizada, CEO of the AR Group of Industries and a billionaire with a cold heart, spoke.

"Woh Sahib, police has come to take you, I mean, police has come to talk to you!" Hari Prakash said nervously.

"Police? But why?" Arnav said confused and asked Hari Prakash.

"I don't know Sahib, they didn't tell me anything. They just told me to call you!" He replied.

Arnav nodded and went to the bathroom to look at his state and make it better. But he didn't care about it now, when his love was shattered.

He just washed his face and smoothed his hair and came downstairs.

"Yes Officer, what's the matter? Why are you here?" He asked directly.

"You tell us Mr. Raizada, why would we be here?" The officer replied.

"Please don't try to play games with me, I don't like them!" Arnav said with annoyance.

"You are talking about games? Games have been played by you Mr. Raizada by murdering your girlfriend in the wake of the night!" The police officer replied.

Arnav stood shocked for a few moments and couldn't control himself from getting angry.

"Are you in your sane mind officer? Why would I kill my girlfriend?"

"That you can prove in the court! Now we have a warrant to arrest you, please come with us, otherwise we'll have to take you forcefully!" The officer replied.

The media was waiting right outside the door step and when they saw ASR coming out with the police in handcuffs, they lost their control.

"Is it true sir, that you have killed your girlfriend after seeing her with her lover?" One reporter asked.

"This is the man who killed his innocent girlfriend after getting to know that she loves someone else." Another reporter said.

"Don't woman in society have a chance to love someone who they wish to love? These chances are taken away by such devils." Some other reporter spoke.

"Sir, sir, tell us you did kill your girlfriend, right?" A reporter pushed the microphone towards Arnav.

Arnav frustrated of the bullshit just said a sentence which shocked the entire nation.

"My girlfriend was a leech and she didn't deserve to live."

The other line which was muted said, "But that doesn't mean I did kill my girlfriend!"

x

Arnav Singh Raizada stood in court with the best lawyer by his side, such was the power of money but they couldn't do anything in front of the evidences present in front of them.

"My lord, Arnav Singh Raizada was at the crime scene where he quietly opened the door and fought with the deceased Vikram Mehra. Sheetal Kapoor tried to stop him from doing so but he pushed Vikram so hard that the lamppost broke and when Vicky got control over him, he took out his gun. When Vicky Mehra and Sheetal Kapoor were making their way door fearful of the gun, he shot them in the back. This is how I trace the events, my lord, and you should too as his finger prints have been found on the door handle!" The prosecutor showed the police report to the judge and the judge noted the reference.

"Do you have anything to say in your defence, Mr Raizada?" The judge said to Arnav.

Arnav had his head bowed down and uttered only one thing again and again.

"I'm not like my father!"

"Mr Raizada, I asked you something, speak up!" The judge addressed Arnav again.

"I have nothing to say in my defence!" Arnav said plainly because he knew he had no way out of the case while his lawyer looked at him shocked.

And the prosecutor smirked on winning another case.

"Ok then, since Mr Raizada has nothing to say in his defence. I pronounce Mr Raizada guilty of killing Ms Sheetal Kapoor, his girlfriend and Mr Vikram Mehra, in cold-blood. I sentence you to life imprisonment. The jury is adjourned."

The fate of Arnav Singh Raizada was now decided.

*

Written by,

Saraa (xBadishx)
&
Shreya (Kiddo_Star)