chapter 16~ reality

God how much did those words hurt to hear.

Of course he was talking about her.

How could I ever think that someone could love me like that.

I look back and see them on the floor and Gwen kissing Joseph all over his face.

I had to stop them.

It was too painful to watch them in love.

I rang the door bell and saw Joseph get up to answer.

I was tearing up a bit but nothing that someone would notice.

The door opened and Joseph smiled once he saw me.

I missed seeing smiley Joey.

That was always my favorite kind ;)

I couldn't help but smile as well.

God that damn smile could just kill you and those eyes.. oh myyy you could just get lost in them.

We were both there just smiling at each other when we got interrupted by Gwen.

"Hey whose at the door." She asked as she came up behind Joseph and wrapped her arms around him.

Joseph's smile slowly went away as he took his eyes off of me as I did the same.

"Oh hey Ang." Gwen said.

"Hey Gwen" I said awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uh she's helping me study cause we kind of had a deal awhile back." Joseph said.

"Oh okay well then I guess I'll just leave you guys to study." She said getting her stuff and  smiling back at joey.

I could tell she was happy that me and Joseph were getting a chance to be alone but I know she thinks that eventually we will magically be okay again.

That shit isn't happening.

But I did make him a promise and I guess I have to keep it.

Gwen interrupting us was a good thing because it snapped me out of the fantasy that is Joseph Matthew Birlem.

He stepped out of the door way and I walked inside.

He walked me over to his kitchen where his mom, sister, and Drew I think his name is were.

Once Joseph saw them he immediately tried to back away and go into a different room but his sister, Sophia I'm pretty sure, stopped him.

"HEY JOEY" She said kind of mocking and teasing Joey.

"Shut it Sophia." Joseph said shoving Sophia.

"Hey be nice." His mother said.

"You must be Angie right?" Sophia asked smirking at Joseph.

"Um yeah. I guess you're Sophia." I said putting out my hand as she shook it.

"Angie this is my mom Jen and this is Drew" He said awkwardly as his mother and Drew waved and smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you, Angie" Jen said and she shook my hand as Drew smirked at Joseph.

"And you've already met Sophia." he said with annoyance in his voice.

"You're really pretty." Sophia said.

"Aw thanks."

"Wouldn't you agree Joey" She said turning her head to him.

"Well of course. Not like I was staring or like thats all I care about or anything. But not saying there's no reason for me to do so-" He said squirming.