Chapter 3

Nyla POV
"Bye, y'all " I told my brothers as I was getting ready to head out of the door for work . They were too busy in that game to even respond .

Today had been a rough day at school, a girl named Tiffany has been picking with me for about a month now. I normally don't pay her any attention, I don't like drama and I honestly don't know how to fight. I had courage when I slapped Tre, but I've never been in an actual fight.

I walked out to Li's car, so she could drop me off at work since my mom was at work herself.

"Bitch it smells like a skunk in here " I told her while holding my breath.

"Well I'm not going to hold my gas in and do you need a ride or not? " she said.

"Yeah but your ass stinks" I said scrunching my face while letting down the window.

"It's a little thing called human nature" she said rolling her eyes.

"More like it smells like you shitted yourself" I said with my face out of the window.

"Man fuck you" she said blowing her breath.

We stayed arguing, my mom would slick accuse us of being lesbians by saying we "argued like we were married". She is extremely homophobic and always says "if any of my children end up gay, I'm disowning them." Very sad.

We were almost at my job, when I noticed a black H2 down the street. Most people who ate here were regulars and I've never noticed that vehicle before, but oh well.

"Bye ugly I hope you have a good day", Li told me.

"Bye and thanks hoe " I told her.

"Make that money girl, don't let it make you" she said.

"Bitch leave " I said laughing at her and walking towards the inside of the brick hell-hole that I called my job.

It was packed as hell, I knew it would be busy. Then I had to take the ACT tomorrow morning.

Tre POV

I watched as she got out of her homegirl's car

I watched as she got out of her homegirl's car. I made a mental note of the car's color, model, and license plate number. This hoe had another thing coming if she thought I would forget her slapping me in the bathroom at my own fucking party. She clearly don't know who the fuck I am. But I was going to show her.

She walked into the building, she was plain looking and didn't even have a shape to make up for it.

She won't see me coming when I walk up on her ass  one of these nights. I had been watching her close alone for the last three weeks. She probably thought I forgot her putting her damn hands on me and she has no idea I know where she works at.

One thing I don't tolerate is people disrespecting me and I'm going to have to teach her a lesson. I didn't have plans on killing her or anything, I just wanted to put a little fear in her heart to let her know to never try that shit again.

I push weight around this city, and I'm on my way to the top. No little girl was going to make me look like a little bitch.

Nyla POV, Monday
I'm glad that I got the ACT out of the way. I have confidence in myself that I did well the math and science, but reading is a completely different story. They put the most boring shit on there for us to read I swear. I had taken the ACT three times and made a 20 each time. If I didn't score at least a point higher I was going to literally cry.

I'm 16 but I will be turning 17 in August, and I am busting my ass to graduate early. I learned from an older cousin that colleges care about grades in high school, but not as much as ACT/SAT scores. I stress, but unfortunately my mom never understood where I was coming from.

I know I'm not the only one who has these problems. Stress, anxiety, depression, and mental illness is looked over the black community. Sadly the older generation of the black community tells us "to just get over it".... Some of my Mom's favorite words even in the worse situations.

Flashback, 8-year-old Nyla
"Bitch didn't I say have my plate put up when I made it home from work" he said.smack!

"I'm sorry baby, I had to work over last night" my mother said as she sobbed in pain.

"Motherfucker you think you're the only one who pays bills in this bitch" he questioned . Smack! Smack! "You think that makes me less of a man" smack!

"Noooo" she cried loudly

"I'll show you a real man, lay your goddamn ass down" he said.
Flashback over.

I was now headed to lunch. I went through the line and got my usual slice of pepperoni pizza. It was the only thing that was worth a damn at this school.

As I was leaving the line I accidentally bumped into Tiffany. Her face was beat, her hair and clothes looked pretty  expensive. She had  light brown skin and her hair was red at the ends, but unfortunately her looks did not match her attitude.

"My bad" I told her with a dry tone. I did not have time for her shit today.

"Watch where the fuck you going" she told me with an eye roll and an attitude.

"Look I apologized, no need for the attitude" I said attempting to go around her to get to my table. I wish black girls could all get along, but only in a perfect world.

Next thing I know I got pushed onto the floor by this bitch.

"Yo what the fuck" Li came out of nowhere swinging at her friend . I got up and went after Tiffany. I never got in a fight my entire life, but I blacked out.

After that hoe pushed me it brought back all the memories of witnessing my mama getting pushed around and I couldn't let that shit slide.

I went to work on her ass.