Chapter 9: Sleepover

Sophie sighed and nodded. Mallowmelt did make everything better. Sophie thought to herself. They all sat around Sophie's bed and ate some Mallowmelt, but the air held a certain gloom over it, making everyone depressed.

   The day ended quickly, all Sophie did was help to try and give Verdi a bath, which ended in pain and giddiness, but as soon as her eyes closed, the nightmares came. Linhs screams and Fitz's eyes going lifeless made Sophie shudder and wake up crying. Keefe came in, making Sophie startle. "Sorry, Edaline thought you might need someone that's close to help you cope with the nightmares." He said quietly. Sophie nodded wiping her eyes. "Thanks Keefe." She said quietly. Keefe grabbed a blanket and one of Sophie's pillows which she chucked at him making him pretend to faint. Sophie laughed at that, making Keefe smile. Keefe laid down beside her, on the floor. Sophie debated if Keefe should sleep on the floor or on the bed with Sophie. It was a big bed, their feet wouldn't even touch. "You can sleep on the bed I guess." Sophie said quietly, "Foster, I don't think you'd be comfortable with that, neither would Grady." Keefe chuckled as he said it. "It's okay, it's a big bed." Sophie mumbled. Keefe shrugged and got up to move with Sophie. Keefe moved beside her and hugged her, Sophie hugged him back. Then Keefe took Sophie's chin, and kissed her softly on the lips. This was all Sophie needed at the moment she felt like sh was breaking inside, and Keefe picked up her pieces and put her back together with one kiss, she sank into the kiss. Hoping Grady wouldn't come in,  Sophie pulled away from the kiss putting her finger on his lips whispering, "Grady." Then turning around and pretending to sleep just as Grady walked in to check on the two of them. Then he left to his room for the night. After the footsteps stopped, Sophie turned around at Keefe and giggled quietly and Keefe pulled her into a hug, then they fell asleep.

   So sorry for the short chapter! The next one will be longer I promise! SOKEEFE FOREVA!

-Kit