The End

I can't say I miss the feeling. The feeling of everyone watching and wanting me. It feels better to know I'm not an endangered species now.

Not everything went my way, but nothing ever has. Not even that fateful night.

"Don't go, not yet."

I turn to see him, a glass of wine balancing between his finger tips and his blonde fringe falling into his eyes.

"I need to go. I don't belong here. Not yet," I reply with a sad smile.

'I don't want you to go.' Is what I want him to yell at my turned back.

I smile at the thought and turn to walk away. Away from him, away from the town, away from society.

"Els! Don't go, damn it!"

"Why shouldn't I go? I'm useless here anyways. A virgin can't work as a prostitute which is the only job available around here!" I yell furiously back at the blonde fool.

"You won't need to work if you stay with me," he replies in a tone as cool as ice.

My eyes tear up and I stumble backwards slightly.

The man reaches out to catch me. His free arm snakes its way around my hips. The scent of alcohol heavy on his breath. I'm pulled in by his charm.

"Stowly, don't say such things," I whisper as quiet as death itself.

Stowly smirks down at my helpless figure trapped in his arms.

"I am capable of fixing your little problem."

**

"You son of a!"

"Say it, I fucking dare you to say it!" Stowly yells at me.

I stomp down the glass stairs in his mansion. "You son of a bitch!"

My mascara mixes with my tears as I stumble and fall at the bottom of the glass steps.

"You're so pathetic! You can't even handle a man inside you!"

I rip my shoes off and throw them at him.

Why doesn't he understand?

"You're 23 years old and live in a century in which 6 year olds are losing their virginity, but of course you're a defect in his world!" Stowly yells angrily at me.

The click of a gun makes me wipe my face and stand to my feet.

"Kill me, I have no point in living. As you said, I am a defect in this perfect world sculpted by the Union. Nothing will work perfectly if I am walking among all of the Perfects!" I screech.

Stowly gives me a smug look as he pulls the trigger.

The Perfects are the high and mighty. They kill those that aren't 'worthy of living' or those that 'aren't using their time wisely'.

The white petals and black birds, the metallic taste within my bones. I'm no longer wanted or watched. I'm simply a corpse within a graveyard full of defects.