Framed

Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun

Genre: Angst

*****

Baekhyun looked in the mirror as the stylist added on the final layer of make up. It was his first marriage anniversary today and he intended to look his best. Chanyeol always tells him that he was the prettiest he had ever had the priviledge to meet, but that didn't mean he would stop putting in the effort! When he was done, he tipped the stylist generously and stepped out into the windy day. It was already getting late, and he had a lot to do, to make the night really special!

He went through his grocery shopping quickly, picking all of Chanyeol's favorite things. By the time he got everything he needed, it had started to snow. The whole world around him was blanketed in white and no matter how many times he had seen such a scene before, it always takes his breath away. Pulling his coat tighter around his shoulders, he hailed a cab and headed home. When his apartment came into view, he thought of the small and beautiful world he created inside with his husband. And it was enough to make him smile. Baekhyun unlocked the main door and let himself in.

The house was just as he had left it, but it was past eight and he knew Chanyeol must be in his room. After that terrible accident two weeks ago, he never left the house. And it really bothered him, as they hardly ever seemed to talk. Baekhyun always makes time for him, but the distance between them and the damage that was done was worse than irreparable. Even though they still loved each other, Baekhyun knew things would never be the same again. Felling lonelier than ever, ha walked into the kitchen and started cooking Chanyeol's favorite dinner.

The aroma of the chicken in ginger garlic sauce filled the room and he stepped out of the kitchen as the clock struck nine. He lighted four scented candles, put on some special romantic music and waited for a while for Chanyeol to come down and join him. But Chanyeol did not. It broke his heart to think that it would never happen, no matter how much he wanted for him. He had tried everything that was in his power, and no amount of effort could make him come to join him. But Baekhyun refused to accept the simple basic truth. He had been a fighter since childhood, and he did not mean to give up on the most precious relationship in his life so easily. He longed to lose himself in Chanyeol's arms, and forget this struggle life was proving to be but a long wait preceded that day and it was not like him to give up so soon.

Brushing off a tear that had started to make its way down his left cheek towards his lips, he got up and walk towards his room. He pushed the door open, and there he was, standing in his favorite spot, smiling his biggest smile. Just one look at him made Baekhyun forget all his worries. This man loved him, and he know. And he would never leave him.

"Hi Giant, I got in an hour ago and I made us a special dinner. I also had an appointment at the parlor. How do you like the way they did my hair?"

Chanyeol's smile had a fixed quality to it. As he looked on, not blinking, not answering. How would he reply? Framed photographs do not answer questions.

*****

AN: Hi. Feel free to leave your comments and vote if you liked this story. Thank you very much for reading!