The anniversarry of the accident

I decided to walk home from school as I didn't not want to go through the same intersection as we did on the of the accident. I plugged my ear buds into my phone and turned up the sound. When I listen to music, I travel to a whole new world.

I see Rebecca walking alone on the opposite sidewalk from me. I panic, this could only mean one thing- I whip around to find Sarah a little distance away behind me, and when I turn back around I find Melissa standing right there, and I bump into her. My thin, white blond hair flips and flops everywhere.  My grey eyes widen, and I fall right on my ass.

I stand up. " Melissa! I actually thought we could be friends but apparently all three of you think your better than everyone else. But damnit! You guys just shove everyone away and pick on the people who are smaller and  less confident that you!" I scream, confidence flowing through me. I shove Melissa out of my way and without looking back I give them the finger.
When I arrived at my house it seemed there was an unusual aura about the house, and yet my mother was wandering around the house packing bags and practically going ballistic. "Mother? Hello?" I called into the small house.
I heard muffling noise coming from my room, I came running into the room to find my mom stuck in a pile of clothes. I almost laughed my head off.
"What are all these bags doing here?" I thought out loud.
"Well, you know that every year we go on a family trip, and well-" she drifted off.
"Well... What?" I put my hands on my hips shook my head.
"I decided to go on the trip this week so that the.. uh... you know what.. isn't that hard on you."