Prologue

Dameon knew that he was the one all of the girls were staring at. Although his heart held no emotion, his eyes glittered with what seemed like the beginning of a diamond teardrop at all times. They encapsulated the fleeting fragility of the world. His hair was a sunshine embrace, his cheeks glowed like roses waiting to bloom... Every detail of him was elegant.
      He never spoke. This gave him an air of mystery, an allure that even the most charming words couldn't compete with.
      Everything he did was silent as midnight, and beautiful as the stars.
      Every day, he would go out and sit upon the loftiest branches of the mighty poplar tree that grew right outside the school, staring off to the sun. He would bring a single cantaloupe, and the girls would watch in awe as the juice ran in tiny droplets down his chin.
      Why it was always a cantaloupe, no one knew. How he got those cantaloupes so consistently was even more questionable. Everyone loved this, too- It added to his air of mystery. Who ever knew that a cantaloupe could be so beautiful!
      Many girls had tried to talk to him, but after a heart shattering silence they all gave up, acknowledging that they weren't in his league or even close.
      But then, one fateful day...
———————————————————————————————————————————————-
     Gretel was a noisy girl, by anyones standards. She was ALWAYS talking! Even the teachers gave up at trying to get her to JUST BE QUIET!! during class, seeing as nothing they did could ever shut her up. It was like she was physically incapable of keeping her mouth closed!
      No one liked her. Silence was cool that month.
     Eventually, the student body gathered together! With harsh words and piercing glances, they exiled the evil Gretel from the lunch room... FOREVER!! They did not cheer at their victory- Didn't make a single noise, just smiled. Even so, they still weren't nearly as cool as Dameon, who had been doing silence since before anyone had realized how SEXY it was.
     Gretel, dejected, wandered out to the schoolyard- Not stopping talking for a single minute. She meandered over to the jungle gym, searching for someone to chat with about those HORRIBLE classmates of hers. And this would be the day she met Dameon...

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey, guys- Hope you enjoyed this! This chapter got through most of the set-up, next week will be when it REALLY gets going! Comment whatever you want to see in the next chapter!