Study

The bright red ball rolled into the street and the children chased after it. Thankfully, a speed bump stopped an oncoming truck just before anything bad could happen.

Currently, Kiyotaka wished he was that speed bump.

Not literally, of course. He just wished he was anywhere but here. Away from the frantic studying. Away from the swearing, which had finally stopped. And just away from this.. This delinquent that hadn't paid attention at all in his classes and would most likely fail if he got a low grade on the test.

But at the same time, he cherished every moment he could with the biker. After highschool, he would pursue his dream of becoming the prime minister of Japan and correcting his grandfather's mistakes. That would mean no time for friends. No time for relaxing, which he hardly did anyways. And no time to teach the delinquent the proper ways and mannerisms.

Letting out a small sigh as he rubbed his temple, Kiyotaka finally finished explaining the problem. He had turned to face the other only to notice that.. he hadn't even been paying attention.

"Mondo Oowada, are you even listening to me--?!" He asked, his usual loud voice wavering in just the slightest. 'No. Don't cry. Not now.'  Taka mentally ordered himself. After a second of silence, Mondo turned his head to face him, looking lost in thought for a moment before his usual tough-guy-biker frown came back.

"O' course I was!" He countered, glaring somewhat.

"Really? Then what was one of the major events of our history?"

"..."

"..."

A sneer came to the biker's face, leaning over to lightly flick the smaller male. "You should know, ya said it yourself."

He flinched a little, bringing a hand up to rub the spot that was flicked. He sighed and now had a stern look on his face.

"I did, yes. But I don't quite remember. Please, Oowada, refresh my memory."

"Ya said.. I dunno! Somethin' along the lines of Kanto?"

"The Great Kanto Earthquake, yes. And when did it happen?"

"..."

"Nine-"

"Nineteen forty-five..?"

"No! That's when the Pacific War ended!"

Kiyotaka sighed out of frustration and ran a hand through his hair, making sure not to dishevel it in the process.

"Look, bro. I don't know any of this shit! I'm an idiot, okay?!"

"No, you're not! I've seen what you can do and I know you can do better than this! You just have to a-"

"Yeah, yeah, apply myself. I know. I have 'potential' and I just have to try, right? Well, that's bull and we both know it."

"Oowada, please, just listen to me-"

"No. You listen to me. I shouldn't even be in this high-and-mighty school! I'm just in here because my brother wanted me to be successful, but I'm not! And if I do graduate, what after that, huh?! All I got left is the gang and then what?! I'll have nobody! My brother's dead, you're leaving, my parents might as well not exist considerin' they left me to burden my brother when he was just a teen! I don't care if I fail anymore! I'm never gonna be a carpenter! I'm never gonna be a good leader! I never even asked to be born-!"

*SMACK*

Kiyotaka Ishimaru never in his life would think that he would hit someone. Today, that changed. He stood up so fast his chair flew out from under him and he silenced the other with a harsh slap across the cheek. Immediately after, he recollected his thoughts and froze in place. He just hit his boyfriend.