December Gifts: Sweet Pea - Tattoo

The fire burned brightly and even though your hands were freezing you refused to wear gloves. Instead, you let your head rest on Sweet Pea's shoulder and kept your hands warm between your thighs.

The air was filled with the smell of marshmallows, mostly to cover the smell of anything that was forbidden in this town but used in the shadows anyway.

You had needed time to get used to this, to Sweet Pea, his friends, the way they celebrated anything and everything, but now you wouldn't want to live without it anymore. You felt at home here, surrounded by the Southside serpents, their laughter, their conversations and most of all their absolute loyalty towards each other.

"What did you get your girl?" An older man sat down next to Sweet Pea and he nodded at you. "Anything fancy? I don't see her wearing anything glimmering." He let his glance wander over your body and Sweet Pea tightened his grip on your shoulders.

"We don't do presents." He spoke nonchalantly, but you curled your lips up into a smile.

You had indeed talked about this, about Christmas and what little it meant to him even though it did mean something to you. You had indeed decided not to buy each other any present. Whenever one of you needed something, the other one would get it. You had to admit it sounded indeed more practical and less of a waste of money than buying presents just to buy presents.

It didn't mean that you didn't prepare a surprise for him though. He probably didn't care much about Christmas, but you still wanted to spread at least a little Christmas spirit. "Sweet Pea?" You straightened your back and curled your fingers around his arm. "I want to show you something." Your lips touched his ear and you whispered.

"Show me." Sweet Pea turned his head towards you and his lips almost brushed yours.

"Not here!" You hissed between your teeth. Yes, you started to feel at home here and you liked the other serpents, but this was something they had nothing to do with, this was something between you and Sweet Pea.

"Fine." Sweet Pea shrugged his shoulders and stood up while you kept on holding onto his arm and followed him. "I know a place where we can be alone for a while." He smiled and winked before he opened the wooden door towards an old house that you had thought was completely empty. "So, what did you need to show me?" He crossed his arms over his chest and you bit your lip while you felt your cheeks heating up.

"This." You started to roll your shirt up until your new tattoo, his name, was visible right under your heart. "It's not really a present, right? So..." You swallowed. "Surprise?"

Sweet Pea widened his eyes and you shivered when the tips of his fingers touched the barely healed wound. "That's a nice one." He bent down and started to kiss your skin. "Let's have a better look at it." He grinned and you smirked back while you leaned against the wall.