| F O U R |

"Still stuck in my ways; And I ain't neva' meet soul like you
____________

October was just getting home from work and she had a duffle bag and a cardboard box in her hand. Brent just so happened to be coming from the grocery store.

He saw October struggling with everything in her hands. He stuck his bags in his sweats, and grabbed the box from her.

She looked at him and shot him a smile. "Thank you." She blushed.

Brent returned the gesture. "No problem."

She clicked the elevator button. Once they got on October clicked the 3. The ride up was silent. Mainly because Brent was tense and didn't want to say the wrong thing.

Once the reached their floor. He walked her to her door. She unlocked it and threw the duffle bag in. She placed her purse on her sofa then reached for the box.

"Thank you so much." She thanked Brent.

Brent nodded. He was trying to relax so he could ask his question. October picked up on his body language, after all she did major in psychology.

"Umm. Would you like to go out for lunch one day. As in friends-you know nothing more. Just get to know each-"

"I would love to Brent." She smiled. His nerves relaxed a bit.

"Wow...okay. Umm so like do I get your number or-" He didn't think he would get this far.

"I'll give you my number, jus' relax. I see your nervous. Take deep breathes. I'm not some boujee bitch." She laughed. She thought he was adorable. She never had a guy to be nervous to talk to her. If anything they were quick to try to spit game, but Brent was different.

Brent inhaled on 4 slow seconds and exhaled. "Ya know what. I was just about to cook dinner, maybe you can just come over."

"Sure. Let me just put this stuff away and get myself together."

"Okay cool." Brent goodbyed and parted ways for the time being. He went into his place. He started taking out the food so he could prep.

He turned to his 'For cooking' playlist. The first song came on throwing Brent back.

"I been feeling tried, baby." He danced while he washed his hands. "Tryin' hold back these feelings for so long."

Brent loves him some jazz and old school R&B. He could jam all night. He heard a knock on the door. He wiped his hands off and went to answer it.

"Who is it?" He looked out the peephole.

"October." She sung. He swung the door open revealing a changed October. He invited her in.

She walked in pleased at the sight before. He was clean for a man and his choice in decor was beautiful. From the gray walls that held pictures drawn by black artists to the fur rug that cuddled your feet. It was beautiful.

"I'm sorry I took so long. I wanted to change into something comfortable." Brent took in her attire.

Her face was bare and her blunt cut hair was pulled up in a cute bun on top of her head. She had on a baby pink cropped hoodie with some gray shorts. She had on some pink puma slides with gray knee high socks.