2

Mrs. Weasley had called the children down to dinner, resulting in Fred and George disappearing from the room, apparating into the kitchen a floor below them. Ginny bolted as well, seeing as dinner was supposed to be over an hour before and everyone in that room was starving. The quartet stayed with Harry, making sure he wasn't alone.

The four walked down the stairs together, all with a slight skip in their step due to being in each other's company again -- despite the circumstances, of course. Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, Autumn couldn't help but smile at what was to come. Sirius Black stood in the doorway, waiting to see his godson properly for the first time in a while. Harry gasped in happiness upon seeing him, which made Autumn's heart leap.

"Sirius!" Harry said, immediately moving away from the group and wrapped his arms around Sirius.

When Autumn first saw him a few weeks back, she almost didn't recognise him. His hair was cut and kempt, his clothes were less raggedy and he definitely smelled better. She spent most of her free-time talking with Sirius -- well, when she wasn't talking to Hermione and Ginny. She loved talking to them, no doubt about that, but sometimes gossip was too much. She didn't like talking about people, especially hurtful things. Sirius was always there to make her feel better, no matter how guilty she felt for not writing to Harry or not saving Cedric. She opened up to him for everything, because sometimes it's nice knowing that there was actually an adult who understood her. 

They all walked into the kitchen area together, Sirius' arm still wrapped around Harry in a fatherly fashion. Ginny was sat one seat to the right, leaving room for Harry to sit down. Autumn silently thanked Ginny as she sat down, Harry next to her. 

Mrs. Weasley worked in the kitchen, finishing the last bits of dinner. Everyone was caught up in their own conversations; Hermione, Ginny, and Tonks were laughing as Tonks contorted her face into various animals, the twins arguing over something that Crookshanks had done, and Autumn, Harry, and Sirius were involved in their own conversation.

"How was your summer so far, Harry?" Sirius asked.

"Erm, pretty uneventful," Harry said sarcastically, earning a snort from Sirius.

"Oh, yeah, I'd bet," Sirius said, joking along. "Fighting a dementor? Bet it happens all the time."

"Totally," Harry responded.

The three chuckled together as Mrs. Weasley quickly put food on everyone's plates, always putting a bit extra on Harry's. Harry always appreciated the gesture, especially since the Dursley's didn't feed him as much as they used to. It's not like he felt hungry, he was too nervous to feel anything but fear as he waited anxiously for any news about Voldemort.

"Has anything happened with you, Sirius?" Harry asked, taking a heaping spoonful of soup into his mouth, devouring the amazing  taste of home-cooked food.

Sirius sighed. "No. Dumbledore thinks I should stay here, out of sight, because Voldemort willknow all about me being an Animagus by now, Wormtail will havetold him, so my big disguise is useless. And the Ministry's still after me, so that's a bummer."

Autumn messed with the food on her plate, pushing it around without taking any in her mouth. She had always felt guilty about not getting Pettigrew to the Dementors or at least to Dumbledore. He slipped away right in between her fingers. 

But Sirius wasn't mad at her for that, right? Surely he didn't want his old friend to die, which is what would've happened if she had gotten him to Dumbledore or to the Dementors. How was it that Dumbledore didn't know that something bad would've happened to Sirius? And why did he let four thirteen year-olds do it when he could've done it -- and stopped Harry from being conflicted about who betrayed his family. He had already lost so much, so why make it complicated for him?