2

That's Zoë....not in real life but her character... :))

Zoë P.O.V

"So.... I'm back... with Kristen...." Jonah mumbled over the phone. "You're kidding." I scoffed. "I'm not..." He said. I groaned and I walked out of my music room to the living room. I saw my girl best friend, Denise and she was cutting her shirt because it looks 'cool'. "Jonah, you've been together for less than a year and broke up....1,2,3,4 times!" I said. "It was 6....but we're good. I apologized and stuff. " "Really Jonah?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just.....I can't get over her..." He said and I heard muffling. "Hi Zoë!!!!" Esther said and giggled. "Hey give me my phone back!!!" I heard Jonah yell. I laughed, "what's up four eyes" I replied. "Shut up thick thighs!" She mumbled as I can hear her breathing as she ran away from Jonah.

I heard a scream and I removed the phone from my ear, cringing at the sudden noise. "sorry about that" Jonah said and I heard the door slam from over the line. I guess he went outside. "It's ok.." I giggled and he laughed also. "I have a question." He said. "Fire away!" I said. "What's up with the thick thighs nickname?" He asked. I blushed like crazy.

"Ummm..... it's our thing and stuff, we call each other things that we don't like about ourselves. She doesn't like wearing glasses so I call her four eyes." I mumbled. "Ohh...ok. but you shouldn't hate your thighs. I think they're nice!" he said and once again I blushed like crazy. "Yeah, I um....I have to go. I have rehearsal with Denise in a bit..." I said. "Ok, goodbye. Be safe, I'm not there to protect you...and Denise." He warned.

"Denise and I can take care of ourselves!" I sassed. "Whatever, just be safe I'm a couple states away." He said and hung up.

"So you ready?" Denise asked and I nodded and headed to the music room. My other musicians were already there and Denise sat behind the drums.

I'll tell you a back story before you get confused. I am Zoë Mendes, I left when I was 12 to be on the Voice Kids. And surprise, I won!! Jonah was supposed to audition with me, but he chickened out last minute. I got signed to Atlantic records and I released my first album at 16. I'm writing my second and I'm turning 18. While writing my first album I had an old guy who recorded the drums but he couldn't go on tour due to his old age.

So Denise joined, my manager found her on YouTube doing covers and at 14 she was touring with me. (Zoë is turning 18 and denise turning 17...btw this is 2016)We were the only young ish.. people on tour and we got super close and we moved in together after the tour. She's my best friend and my drummer and my roommate. I couldn't ask for anyone better. Right now we're rehearsing for a small US. tour. Then we're off to writing my 2nd album.

I heard the familiar cowbell repeatedly and we all started playing with the cowbell. It was the metronome sound we needed to practice.

"I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

You watch me bleed until I can't- I can't!"

I said as I turned to the musicians. "Everyone take 5..." I sigh. "Seriously Zoë, we just got here..." One of the musicians said. "Shut up! If she said stop then stop. Or she'll have you replaced in an instant!" Denise snapped. She left the drum kit and walked to me.

She took off my guitar and put it on the stand and she grabbed my hand. She left me to the living room and we sat down. "What's wrong Zoë?" She asked,

"I jus- it's Jonah! Like why is he with her? She cheats and cheats and he doesn't see it! He deserves better! And it breaks my heart because he comes to me for advice and I'm-I'm in love with Jonah. It's not  a little crush. It's been five years already that i realized I love him and he still doesn't get the hint! And also I'm too afraid to confess....It hurts because he comes to me crying his eyes out for a girl who doesn't even care about him. She just wants sex! That's all she wants, I bet. I'm just....upset that I can't be with him." I cried

She looked at me and sighed. "Zoë, I get you. This must suck but maybe we can make a plan..." She said. "A plan?" I asked. She nodded and smiled, "instead of telling him how you feel, sing about it. Sing your confession." She said. I nodded and I thought about it, "but how will I know it'll get his attention?" I asked. She stayed quiet for a moment, thinking. "Make it sound different, and make it a single not related to the album...." She shrugged.

"Oooo, ok. That's smart. What will I do without you?" I asked and hugged her petite body. "Probably die a virgin..." She mumbled and we laughed.

**********

"Guess what.." I had Jonah on speaker since I was washing dishes. "What?" I asked. "You're supposed to guess!" He groaned, "you're taking me to see Little Mix?" I asked. He laughed, "hell no! I'm not flying all the way to LA to take you to a concert! Plus you should be taking me. Little Miss social media officialed." He sassed. I laughed lightly, "but....I am going to LA...." He said.

I squealed "what seriously?! For how long?" I asked. "For awhile. I'm moving to LA." He said boldly. "That's amazing!!! Did you find your own place or are you crashing with Denise and I? You better not stay at a hotel..." I warned. He laughed.

"No, I found a place..." He mumbled, "cool, with who?" I asked. "My band mates..." He mumbled again."wait what? You're in a band? What happened to your solo career?" I asked. "It just happened, these boys are my best friends. Don't worry, my best guy friends..." He emphasized.

I smiled lightly, "oh that's nice, what's your band called? When y'all make music I'll give it a listen..." I said.

"We are Why Don't We."

AN/

If y'all are confused please comment on where ur confused🦄