Chapter One

This is my first time trying to write a book or a story. The first few chapters will be short but I promise it'll get better.

-Nathan

=============================

The wind was howling past her ears like a pack of angry wolves. Cold, harsh, weather racing at her that would make any other person fall off the side of the mountain she was crossing. The girl didn't shiver even though the wind was like ice needles. Nor did she even flinch at the sight of the rocks crumbling at her feet as she walked. Her head was held high with such confidence that few could even hope to match.

A solid black cloak was wrapped around her with a hood big enough to hide the girls short brown hair from view. Soon enough the girl reached a huge cave on the side of the mountain which she walked into. Shadows danced across the walls of the cave as the snowstorm outside of the cave got stronger.

The girl sat down on a chair like rock as she waited for something, or someone, to arrive. Though she was still wearing her cloak she had set down the hood to reveal her boy cut brown hair and her hard brown eyes.

Suddenly a deafening roar resounded outside the cave, literally shaking the ground as a gigantic creature landed in the cave. The creatures pure white scales sparkled in the reflection of the ice in the cave as the pale blue spikes on its tail dragged behind it. Two huge wings were tucked away to its side as its snake slit golden eyes landed on the girl who was now standing.

The magnificent looking dragon huffed at the girl, leaning its head down to her level as she peacefully pet its head.

"Salve, amica mea" the girl whispered to the dragon, "Habemus novum missionem." (Hello, my love-We have a new mission)

The dragon growled softly but the girl shushed him, her hand rubbing soothing circles on his head.

"Et dicet non novi te quamdiu" she whispered, a tear sliding down her cheek before she quickly wiped it away.
(I have not seen you for so long)

The dragon let out a rumble in agreement as he pulled his head away and lent his back down towards the girl, revealing a beautiful royal like saddle. The girl smiled and climbed onto the dragon, pulling up her hood as she grabbed ahold of the saddle so she wouldn't slip off.

The dragon turned around and walked to the edge of the cave, wind howling while snow and rain thrashed all around them. The girl took a deep breath to savor the cold, crisp, mountain air one last time.

"Iam in arce" The girl yelled and the dragon lifted its magnificent wings before launching up into the air and taking flight, leaving behind no evidence that they were ever there. (Now, to the castle!)

=============================

First chapter is done!! I hope you enjoyed, please like, comment, and follow!! (I like comments the most)

-Nathan