Chapter 1

I can't believe what I saw last week, my heart still hurting. I loved Taylor. I really thought he was the one, but when I saw him.. in bed with my best friend? My heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest and crashed into a million pieces. My eyes still hurt from all the crying. My dad was driving me to my new house that I was going to move into. I decided I should start fresh. with all the memories of me and Taylor in New York, I couldn't help it. I sighed, looking out the window. My breath fogging up the window. 

My dad tapped my shoulder, "You okay?"

"Yeah." I said, not looking up at him.

"Everythings going to be okay sweetie." 

I smiled, reassuring him I was going to be okay.

We stopped in front of my new house, It looked older than it looked in the article I had seen it in. We got out of the car, and my dad started unloading the car with my things. I stared at the house, something about it looked odd.

"You okay?" He asked again. 

"Yes, dad. I'm fine" I said, keeping my eyes glued to the house.

"I'm gonna start bringing your stuff upstairs"

I turned around, "I'll help."

-----

I layed down in my bed, reading this book. I had nothing else to do, I was stuck with nothing to do. I had no television, no lights, not until someone came. all I had was a lamp in my room. I continued reading my book  'Just Listen, by Sarah Dessan' it was one of my favorites. as I read I heard a few nosies coming from the attic, it was a little freaky but I ignored it. A half an hour into my story, I heard a loud bang. I decided to go check it out. I grabbed a flashlight that my dad gave me, and started walking up the attic. so far, I heard nothing. I looked around, shining my flashlight in different places. "Hello?" I called out. nothing. after a while of searching I gave up and went back in bed, falling asleep instantly.

Next morning, I woke up. My book was open to a whole different page that I wasn't on. I figured it was the wind, though I was thinking it through in my mind. With no windows open, I wondered what it could have been. I head a loud knock on the door, and went downstairs. Opening the door, I realized it was the people hear to turn everything on. I let them in.

-------

btw guys, Selena's 20 in here, old enough to live alone.