Chapter 9: A Journey Awaits

This dam was huge.

When I came here with my father last year it was less than half it's size. But it made sense because of the yearly rain.

A few hours passed and we tried jumping on rocks, swimming, jumping with super strength but nothing worked. So we sat next to the lake. Tom was laying on a rock with his eyes closed.
I looked up and saw a flicker of blonde hair and brown eyes staring at me. I smiled because I knew it was Malcolm.
We locked eyes. He made a circular motion with his index finger and I felt like and idiot when I realized what he meant.
"Tom." I say.
"Yeah?" He asked with his eyes still closed.
"You know I just realized what huge IDIOTS we are." I say.
"Speak for yourself Lexi." He said.
"No! Tom my point is that instead of spending hours of trying to find ways to get over this damn..... we could of walked around it." I say.
"YOUR the idiot Lexi." Tom says closing his eyes again.
"What?!" I shout at him.
"Those were all your ideas my plan was to walk around the damn hours ago." Tom said.
"Then why didn't you bring it up?!" I shout again.
"Because I wanted to see if you would get the idea. I was testing you Lexi." He said.
I was now frustrated with him.

I frowned at him. He just looked at me and smiled. I crossed my arms and walked off.

"Where are you going?" Thomas asks getting up from the rock.

"Walking around the damn. What does it look like?" I say.

"Lexi..." Thomas says tiredly.

I carry on walking.

"Ok. I'll wait til you sort yourself out. You wouldn't survive out there by yourself." Thomas says laying back down.

"WATCH ME!" I say and walk faster.