Part 1

A nice long 11hours sleep. An adventuress dream I had, about me and my family going a holiday. A holiday which my mother and father had dreamt of going there, Dubai- which is known to be the world’s most expensive and most-visited beautiful place. But unfortunately my mother and father are long gone from this world, along with other members of my family. My two 4years old younger twin sisters Georgia and Lauran, my baby brother Jaymi who was only 6months old, my step sister Tosh who was older than me, and my step brother Josh who was also older than me. Seven members of my family have died in a big accident 1year and 2months ago. It killed them instantly, leaving me and my eldest step brother Jack alive.

This tragic accident took place in Spain. I and my family decided to move to Spain and live there for 6months. Staying in London was tough for us. We did not have enough money every time we had to pay the electricity bill, the gas bill, the home phone and internet bill, and the house renting bill.

It was hard to earn money from working and to save up for different things, even though we tried not to waste money. Money was tight. The work we do is stressful, yet the wages are low. Nowadays, jobs are running out because more and more non-British people who are illegal come to the United Kingdom, and then they get themselves British and legal, and then take our jobs leaving us British born people with not enough jobs to do.

In Spain, we stayed at a hotel. It is a well-known hotel. Visitors and tourists from other countries stay in that hotel because has excellent reviews. It’s called: Gran Hotel Las Fuentes. It has 16 floors and a big field for playing golf, football, and other sports. It also has a large swimming pool and a big enough area to sunbathe. It was beautiful.

On our forth month, this atrocious accident happened. I came back to the hotel from work and we had a nice family meeting at the dining table. We were eating and talking. It was a laugh. We were eating a hot lamb stew for the main course and then for desert a chocolate orange soufflé with vanilla ice cream scooped on top of it and chocolate brownies on the side. We just finished our main course and began to get our spoons ready to dig into the desert. Everyone already started to eat the desert with a yummy at the end of each spoon full. I dug my spoon into the chocolate orange soufflé and brought the spoon close to my lips before I stopped and froze after hearing a strange noise. It sounded like something was cracking. At that moment, everyone was looking at each-other’s faces confused. Suddenly out of nowhere the whole 16 floored building just collapsed to the ground.

Hundreds of people died. Hundreds were not found. Only a few lucky ones survived. Nobody knew this would happen, not even the head of the hotel. I unfortunately went into a coma that was for 2weeks. My step brother Jack, who is the only family member I have left, was sitting by me every day while I was in a coma. Jack was injured badly. He lost his right leg and right arm. A huge chunk of the collapsed hotel was squashing his arm and leg that the paramedics had to cut his right leg and arm off because that was the only way that he could survive. It was awful and distressing. I straight away went into a coma as soon as the building collapsed onto me.