Part 3

So...back to when I was having my nice long 11hours adventuress dream, I got woken up and dream broke. I wanted it to carry on. I hear knocking on my bedroom door.

“Come in!” I say with a croaky voice because I literally just woke up.

“Come on, get up you lazy bum! Today’s your big day remember so you cannot wake up late, Clara wouldn’t want you to come to the church late. So...get up!” Jack enthusiastically says as he yanks the duvet off of me. He then reminds me that we have to be at the church by 12pm. It’s now 10:45am.

Today is the happiest day of my life. I’m kind of nervous and agitated. Clara, the woman who I love so much, accepted my proposal when I proposed to her a month ago. Today is our special day and I don’t want it getting ruined. We met four months ago at work and it all started with her talking me. She left a small piece of a paper on a windowsill knowing that I’ll definitely see it. I opened the piece of paper and find that she has written her mobile number on it. And yeah, I did give her a call straight away. I don’t know why she didn’t just say that she wants to date me. But it’s funny how we started. Soon, I had to propose to her after we knew a lot about each-other. And now finally we’re getting married today. She helped me understand that after we lose someone close to us, we should carry on with life after mourning.

I get out of bed 10minutes after Jack left the room to make breakfast downstairs in the kitchen. I’m a little hyper now because I’m so excited and thrilled. To calm me down, I take my cigarette pack, wear my jeans on top of my blue checkered boxers and put on a short sleeved top that says ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’. I then look into the mirror and quickly fix my messy hair. Without letting Jack know, I just leave the house because I’m not going to take long anyways. There’s a local park right next to our house. When I opened the front door to leave, I felt refreshed, even though I didn’t see no use of brushing my teeth and taking a shower since I’m gonna be smoking. I’ll brush my teeth and take a shower after I come back which won’t be long.

The weather is perfect for a wedding. It’s not too hot, nor too cold. The sun is out, letting out bright light and a warm heat. I take a cigarette out of its packet and put fire on it with a cigarette lighter. Smoking helps me not worry too much, it clears my head and helps me not stress out.

I walk towards the park. The parks empty and that’s how I like it. My cigarette finishes and then I take another one out and start to light that, and then I have it. As I’m walking towards the quiet park, I’m stepping on crispy brown leaves that crunch under my shoes as I take each step. There’s a bench on the side of the park, so I just sit on it. I let my body relax and take a deep breath. The fresh green grass on the field lets out a strong grassy scent. There is a cool breeze which feels good.

After relaxing on the bench for about 10minutes, I make my way back home. My intention was to sit at the park for 5minutes, but I end up taking longer. I start to walk faster and faster otherwise Jack would get worried that I’ll be late for my wedding. While making my way back, I think about this amazing girl who I’ll be marrying today. I can’t wait to see her in her wedding dress, and then just standing there right in front of me looking beautiful, and then twirling about on the dance-floor at the party straight after the registry at the church. I’m thrilled and intrigued.

Eventually, I reach home. The front door has been decorated with colourful balloons. My black car looks great now because a red ribbon has been attached to it as decoration and a huge red bow at the front of the car. Excitement fills me and I get goose bumps. Along with goose bumps, a smile appears on my face.

The front door opens before I even put my key into the keyhole. Jack is already ready. He wore his suit and fixed his hair. He’s just waiting for me to have a shower and get ready. He sends me upstairs. I quickly grab my towel and my new fresh boxer, and then go into the bathroom to have a shower.

After having a shower, I go into my room and gel my hair. Then I put on the wedding suit. Jack helps me put on the tie. Its 11:48am now and I’ve got a feeling that we’re going to be a bit late.

Jack rushes me into the car and suggests to drive. I just remembered that I forgot to eat breakfast. My stomach feels empty and hollow. I just a cigarette today, well...I had 2. I put a mint chewing gum into my mouth to get rid of the bad odour. Someone rings his mobile and it seems to be important because he kept declining it and they kept calling back. Jack parks on the side of the road and takes the call. Its Clara’s brother, Gregg. Jacks face looks worried. He didn’t even say a word; he was just listening to Gregg. After he hung up the phone, he looked at me with a frightened face.

“Jack? What’s wrong? Tell me!” I scream at him.

His eyes are filled with tears and this worries me so much more.

“It’s Clara...she’s...she’s...she’s been murdered...” Jack says.

“What! Impossible! How! No I don’t believe it”, I shout.

“Gregg called. Apparently she’s been in her room the whole morning and her family thought she was getting ready. Gregg broke her door down and finds that she covered in blood, lying on the floor dead. Police are on their way”.