Won't Hurt a Bit - Teaser/Excerpt

A/N - So this is a teaser... I am teasing you with an exclusive excerpt from the second book in the St. Cross series, Won't Hurt a Bit :) :)

I know some of you didn't like the doctor, but this will be his story and he deserves a chance right?

The blurb...

Won't Hurt a Bit

Dr. Elliot Rawlings, pediatric cardiology consultant at London's famous St. Cross Children's hospital, is reeling from his recent heart break.

A brief reverie from his post in London, Elliot arrives in California to offer his consultancy services to the LA based hospital dealing with a particularly baffling patient caseload. Whilst there, he has a brief opportunity to re live past endeavours and visits the vibrant and exclusive Cock 'n' Tails VIP Club where he can act out his domineering side to full advantage without anyone who knows him around. And the hot, surfer, submissive he meets allows for every sordid act Elliot persuades.

Back in London, and in the closet, Elliot receives news that St. Cross hospital is falling into administration with all fundraising efforts failing to keep the NHS and charity aided hospital afloat. The only thing that can save St. Cross is an injection of private money. Which comes in the form of a new, all-powerful, and US based CEO, Austin Grange.

Something Elliot is none to pleased to hear, especially when the CEO turns out to be the surfing submissive from LA's Cock 'n' Tails Club.

And now for a teaser chapter...

****

Elliot nursed his bourbon at the bar counter, sipping it elegantly whilst really wanting to down the entire lot in one foul swoop. Austin was being his usual charming self as he worked the room, his white teeth flashing along with the ridiculous monstrosity of Christmas themed bow tie. The females swooned at every ditty that bounced off the walls in his American accent, whilst the men stood in awe, wanting to be him. Maybe they'd even want to fuck him. Who knew what people wanted these days? The man was fuckable. All gazes were on Austin as his deep laughter resonated around the festively decorated ballroom, except for those belonging to the two men who swayed together along with the gentle music wading from the disco on the lit up dance floor.

St. Cross's annual Christmas fundraising dinner and dances were always a bore. But Elliot, as the Chair of the fundraising committee and the most influential doctor at the hospital, had to be in attendance. It was expected. The face of St. Cross, the chairman of the board, the highest graded cardiology consultant in the country, Elliot had to pay his dues to help earn the hospital its donations to keep afloat. NHS budget cuts affected all hospitals, but St. Cross had taken a fare brunt of the cut backs. Meaning they now relied heavily on their corporate donors than they ever had before. This party, was lip service to those sponsors who'd promised to increase their sizeable funds.

Last year the soiree had been here at the Dorchester as well. A plush hotel in the centre of London where Elliot had sipped on cocktails, flirted with the donor's wives, and talked business with the corporate CEO's in order to entice them to dip further into their deep pockets, which in turn would give a Christmas to remember for those children stuck in a hospital bed during the festive season. And for those who cared for them around the clock. Nurses didn't get a bonus for working out of "normal" hours. Many were contracted that way, simply keeping those holiday dates as shift patterns. Those nurses missed seeing their family on Christmas Day. Elliot didn't have any family, so it didn't bother him so much. But he knew those who it did.

He'd also had a hotel room last year. And he'd declined many an offer toward the end of an intoxicated evening to meander upstairs to his suite on the fifteenth floor where his own company awaited him.