THG fan fiction Prim

I was running, running away from something terrifying, I have no idea who or what it is. The scenery around me keeps changing undecided where I am, I knew I was in the arena. The scenery around me faded away and I was in bed with Katniss next to me asleep. Horrible images flashed across my memory, I couldn't help myself so I climbed in with mum, her warmth engulfs me until I doze in and out of sleep.

I awake when I hear Katniss up and about and watch her silently walk out the door. Katniss is the best sister anyone would ever have, she cared for our family for so long after dads "accident". Today is my first reaping day, just thinking about my name being picked makes me shake.

The clock hit 9:50, it hit me like a bomb, destroying all my confidence, Katniss rushed over holding me tight. "What if I get picked?" I mumble through sobs, " Prim" Katniss held my head and looked me straight in the eye" Your name is only In there once, you are not going to be picked. We headed over to the square where the reaping is going to happen, got ourselfs identified and got into our lines.

"Welcome, welcome" a capitol citizen, I think her name is Effie droned on and on, not really listening I stared at my shoes. "Primrose Eveerdeen!" My head shot up to look at Effie holding a small peice of paper, my instincts kicked in as I walked forward trying to keep a straight face.