Chapter 1

I was walking home from a friend's house and I decided to take the shortcut that goes straight through the woods. It was already late and my mother was on her way home. It was easier for me to go this way because it only takes ten minutes and I would be home before my mom did.
   Once I reached the entry of the woods I didn't feel right, it felt as if something was watching me. I didn't even care to look back I just started to walk as fast as I could. The faster I walked the stronger the presence felt, I still continued to walk as fast as I could but this time I was running more than anything.
    I came to a sudden stop as I felt my heart sink all the way down to my stomach. I saw an ominous figure standing right in front of me. It didn't look normal, it looked pale, it's eyes had no life at all, it looked soulless. I didn't run, I couldn't run, I was stuck, frozen in my own fear.  All of a sudden I hear a faint sound of leaves crunching from behind me and "BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN!". As much as I wanted to look behind me I still was frozen looking straight at this lifeless being. As the sound of the footsteps got closer and closer the more the figure faded away from my sight, then all of a sudden it vanished as if it was never there.
    I felt a grab on my shoulder and I instantly turned back to see my friend Tristan and I let out a breath of relief.
    "Brian you left your wallet at my place- Hey are you good man? Damn, You look like you just seen a ghost.". I was still terrified beyond belief, I couldn't believe what I had just seen. "Ye- Yeah I guess so, how'd you know where I was?". "Bro, you literally told me as soon as you left 'Hey man I'm walking through the woods my mom's on her way home and it's the shortest way home.'" Tristan said.  "Oh yeah, haha I must have forgotten. Thanks for bringing back my wallet I appreciate it." "Anytime man anytime, and hey are you seriously okay though? Do we need to call someone? Are you off anything? Are you-" "Tristan no, I'm okay I was just scared of walking into the woods alone that's all." I said as I cut Tristan off in the middle of his sentence. "Okay okay jeez I was just asking! I could walk you home if you want, since you're so scared." "Yeah I'd appreciate that a lot actually." I agreed. "Okay then let's get to walking."
     Once we finally reached my house I was still paranoid about the whole situation, as much as I wanted to ask Tristan to spend the night, it would've been awkward and I didn't feel like answering any questions he was going to ask. When Tristan left I finished the rest of my homework, showered, and got ready for bed.
    I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened, I started thinking to myself "What if Tristan didn't show up to give me my wallet?", "What was that thing?", "What were its intentions?", "Was that thing even human?". Over a period of time I tried to shrug it off, as hard as it was I eventually had fallen asleep.

<<<<<<<<< The Next Day>>>>>>>>>>>
As I got ready for school I felt a very intense presence.