One - Remus Locaine

It was war at the time. Between Rome and the rebel countries. Many was slaughtered to death, leaving their family behind. So many widows, so many orphans, so many weepings.

People hoped for Peace and searches for Safety. The church provided that. They help people trough their hardships and fears. Making the existence they call God a place to release their fears and be brave.

The people believed, the people followed. I did too.

Everyday I pray to God for my parents to come home safely from the war. I pray that I won't be an orphan. I pray desperately everyday. I pray to not feel lonely. As the church says God is always with me.

Months and months of war, my parents never come home.

Years and years after the war, my parents are still not home

Time and time after we won the war, they are still not home.

I cried,
and I prayed.

The Fathers at church comforts me everyday, to ensure me that my parents are happy. To ensure me that I am not alone. To ensure me that I will be okay.

I was raised and educated at the church, as an orphan I never thought I would be.

The church was like a parent to me. They made me feel loved and safe.

As I reached the age of 18, they let me go out of town. Into the great empire of Rome. They told me that Rome is the place I should go to learn how to be a Pastor, to serve the church and to be a servant of God.

It was a Sunday morning when the bright sunlight found it's way through the white curtains of my room.

I woke up easily. It is God's day after all! I got out of my comfortable bed, get washed, and be dressed.

I walked out of my room looking all fresh, ready for the morning mass. I paced to the chapel, greeting the nuns along the way.

I seated myself in the middle row.
Smiling, as I saw the younger kids from the orphanage sits on the front rows.
I smiled wider when I saw the altar boys and girls. I was just like them.

After the mass was over, I went back to my room to start packing. For viva la Roma.

I gave my farewell to everyone. The Fathers, the Nuns, and the kids at the orphanage.

"Will you come back Remus?" A little boy asked.

"Do you have to go?" Another asked again.

"Don't leave!" The other whined

"But alas my fellow siblings! I have to leave. It is my calling from God." I hugged them.

I walked out the church gates and head for the train station. Once I arrived there, I greeted the counter lady and bought a ticket. It is almost boarding time so I paced quickly to a grand train colored in hot red. It's engine ready to go.

The conductor was hurrying people to hop in before he blew his whistle.

I hopped  in.
Into the train that will take me to the beautiful city of Rome.