Meillure Amie

Meillure Amie (n.)

Language: French

-a best friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meillure Amie is a story; of friendship, change and comfort.

"Smile, Aggie. Smile for me, for I am safe and happy now." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Person POV

Today was just an ordinary, plain Monday morning. Students filled the quadrangle, arms linked with their friends, significant others or siblings.

It seems to me, that I am only the one here without anyone whose hands are linked with anothers. I observe my hand, cold and lonely.

Perhaps it would have changed, only a few weeks ago, if Elly was still here.

I sigh, as I force back the tears.

Elysse Briony was my best friend-no, my only friend for almost a decade now. Compared to me, she's much more active and cheerful than I am, she may be a social butterfly and have a lot of friends, she always tells me she still likes me best. I've met her ever since nursery and we've always been best friends ever since. But now we're not, since she's dead. Just a few months ago, she was diagnosed with leukemia, and the weekend ago; she lost her battle to it.

I remember so fondly, how her beautiful mocha hair twiddled through her heart shaped face, and her pinkish complexion and her turquoise eyes. Then just a few months after, that pinkish complexion slowly faded to a pale, almost dead-like color, her eyes lost their shine, but despite that; she still had her same beautiful smile.

I realized I have suddenly stopped in the middle of the quadrangle, and my tears are freely flowing. I receive pitiful, curious and weird looks from others as I hastily wipe them off, briskly walking towards the classroom.

Me? Pft. My name is Agatha Claroux, just a super ordinary and plain girl swimming in the sea of highschoolers. I have almost little-to-no friends but I still manage to ace all my subjects. 

 I sit down, letting all the noise of my classmates flow in and out of my ears.

"Hey, is Saturday night finalized?"

"We should check out that new pizza joint."

"Yo baby, how 'bout me, you, and that movie?"

"Um, ew no, go away you creep."

I roll my eyes and calmly wait for my professor to arrive. He finally does after 5 minutes and thus we begin our Physics class.

I groan as I realize that I've already studied this in advance a week ago for the umpeenth time already. I place my book in front of me, and slowly close my eyes. I hope no one will notice me snoozing.

I quietly fall asleep, ignoring the droning voices around me.

...

"I wish Elysse would be here... even for a few hours."

...

I hear something, like a coin hitting a metal floor, enveloping my ears. Then a voice.

Hey, wake up~

Wake up.

"Wake up, Aggie."

"Oi~ Don't ignore me, Aggie. What subject are we now?"