Basics

English: Excuse me
Japanese: Sumimasen or Suimasen (shortcut) just like how "you are welcome" is "you're welcome" in English shortcut
Example#1: Suimasen, ichigo uttemasuka (pronounced as uttemaska)? This means, "Excuse me, do you sell strawberries?"
Ichigo - strawberry
Uttemasuka - do you sell
Ka - Add this at the end of a verb to make it into a question (ex#1: "taberu" means, "to eat", "tabemasu" means, "I will eat", "tabemasuka?" means, "Do you want to eat?" Ex#2: "ageru" means, "to give", "agemasu" means, "I will give", "agemasuka?" means, "Do you want to give?" or "Will you give?"
Reply: "Hai, uttemasu yo" which means, "Yes, I sell" or "iie, uttemasen" which means, "No, I don't sell".
Uttemasu - sell (formal)
Uttemasen - don't sell (formal)
If you say, "Ichigo, uttemasenka?" That means, "don't you sell strawberries?"
Utteru - sell/selling (informal)
Uttenai - don't sell (informal)
Yo - This doesn't really change the meaning of the sentence, so it is optional if you want to add "yo" at the end of the sentence.
Example#2: Sumimasen, mizu arimasuka (pronounced as arimaska)? This means, "Excuse me, do you have water?"
Mizu - Water
Arimasuka - do you have (formal)
Aru? - Do you have (informal)
If you want to ask if someone has something, you should change the tone of your voice when you say "Aru?"
Reply: "Hai, arimasu" which means, "Yes, I have" or "iie, arimasen" which means, "No, I don't have".
iie - no
Hai - yes
Arimasen - I don't have (formal)

English Formal: Thank you
Japanese Formal: Arigato Gozaimasu
English Informal: Thanks
Japanese Informal: Arigato

English: You're welcome
Japanese: Dōitashimashite (pronunciation: Doh itashimashte)
Note: Given that you helped someone and they thank you in Japanese. Instead of saying "dōitashimashite" you can simply say, "iie (pronounced as ee yeh), daijōbu desu" which means "oh, no, that's fine." This is a more fluent way of responding to a thank you in Japan.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! <3