•:Chapter 1:•

'They were surrounded by the deranged creat-" I jump at the loud ass noise from next door. I roll my eyes before looking back at the page.

'Creatures, each of their mouths full of sharp fa-" I look away from my book again to the wall. Beck is really irking my damn nerves. Stupid ass neighbors I swear. All this bumping around and shit.

I push my glasses farther up on my face then back to the page. 'Fangs. All ready to tear the hopeless survivors to shre-'.

"Alright that's it," I mutter slamming my book closed. I stand up abruptly scaring Moon. Walking out of my apartment I go next door.

When I reach Beck's door I start banging on it. "Open the hell up Beck!" I yell from outside her apartment.

I tap my foot on the ground impatiently. Slurred words and curses can be heard from outside the wooden door.

"Open the da-" my demand was cut short by the door swinging open. I expected to see Beck's short structure, but there was another, taller, female.

"The hell do you want? She says in an aggravated slurred tone. I raise an eyebrow then my gears start turning. Um, where the hell is Beck?

"Where's Beck?" I ask with the same tone. The stud looks me up and down.
"At the grocery, she told me to wait here," she says mean mugging me. I look her up and down before speaking again.

"Well quiet the hell down," I say with venom dripping from my voice. I turn on my heels and walk back to my apartment.

I pull out my phone and go to my only contact, Beck. I hurriedly dial her number while locking my door back.

"Hello?" She says in her happy tone. Bleh.

"Beck who the hell is next door causing a damn ruckus?" I say pissed the hell off.

From the other end I can hear Beck cursing quietly. "That's Skylar, uh she's new here and she's basically family," she says quietly. I stay silent waiting for her to answer the other half of the damn question, "and she's drunk," she finishes with a sigh.

"I have to work tomorrow Beck," I say quickly.

"I know Embry I'm on my way home right now," she says as I sit back down on my couch.

"Alright," I mumble out.

"Bye Em," she says with a chuckle.

"Bye Beck," I say with a smile growing on my face.

She hangs up the phone. I pick up my book and end up looking around for my damn cat. "Moon," I yell waiting for him to run to me.

I turn my head to see my cat running at me. "Hi honey," I say smiling at him. He jumps on the couch and lays beside me.

"Damn neighbors am I right?" I say to him with a smile. He put his head on my lap and started to fall asleep. I picked up my book and attempted to read again.

I began falling asleep before I could finish a paragraph.

: The next morning:

My alarm started buzzing from underneath me. I pull out my phone to check the time. Across my lock screen 6:35 glared at me. I rolled my eyes and got up to get ready for work.
Moon got up with me following me to my room. I cracked my back on the way making me wince. Man, now I remember why I dont sleep on couches.

I walked into my closet and threw on some leggings and a sweatshirt. I put my hair up in a high ponytail. My phone buzzed making me roll my eyes. I looked down at it to see an unknown number.