Chapter 2 (Part 2)

His eye closed tight and he felt hot tears roll down his metal cheeks. 

A small smile formed as the cannon kissed his cranium.  The unease slowly drifted away as Darrell thought more about how things would be different.  Maybe his Dad would be less hard on the other robots without a lousy one to get upset with.  His siblings got along pretty good and they acted a lot alike,  the main differences being that Shannon was a stereotypical teenage girl,  and Raymond was an athlete. 

Darrel frowned slightly. His siblings really wouldn't notice his presence gone.  His Dad would ignore the fact that he was gone and then stop selling Darrells in the future.  Useless piece of scrap metal.

Darrell's thoughts were interrupted by a kick to his abdomen. The blow caused him to fall back and shoot the sky.  His body landed on the pavement with a loud thud along with the sound of two pairs of feet running to him.  In a blind panic he stood with shaky legs and ran.  He didn't know where he was going or who was chasing him,  but he just felt the need to flee the area.  So,  he ended up stumbling into the woods. He heard the two people's footsteps grow louder.  He needed to hide.

Darrel jumped behind a bush and ducked down.  He stayed completely still until he was sure he didn't hear the people anymore. Frustrated, Darrel buried his face in his knees. And he did something that he seemed to be doing a lot lately. He cried.  All of his anger, his pent up sadness, all of his emotions came flooding out with sobs.  Tear after tear rolled down.

Darrell stayed in the position for a few minutes. His sobs turned to small hiccups. He only looked up when two  small arms wrapped around his torso and a hand pat his head. He stared at the two in shock. The two talked to him and made him feel safe. He started to think that heroes weren't all that bad,  maybe, for once,  his Dad was wrong.

A boy and his mother came to his aid that day. The two helped him think right and not want to die. They made him feel loved and like he had a family.  Darrell will forever love these  two.

Carol and Ko.

I am so sorry for not updating for a while. I had major writers block for this story.  I also would like to say that I am working on a story of my own and will post that on my account. I hope you all like this story and aren't too upset about the wait. Please read the comment section,  I will probably say things in there for you guys to see. Please tell me if you see any spelling errors and have a nice day :p