Fallen Fan-Fic

(Still In Progress)

Dark, cold and depressing, with grey clouds surrounded the building. Crows sounding off their annoying noise, caw, caw, caw. This place was formerly an old mental hospital filled with nut jobs and psychotic serial killers in the 1880's. Most of them died off, with few of the people left over. Therefore they shut down the mental hospital in 1972 and the rest where transferred to a mental hospital the next state over in Maine. It wasn't maintained that much in between time, but only minor things like paint and some gardening by the city crew in the small village of Ashland. By the time they decided to make it into something and turn it into a reform school thirty years later in 1992, they had lots of work to do and repairs to be made. Plumbing had to be replaced, electric wiring redone, all new windows and doors replaced, walls rebuilt, ceilings rebuilt, and last, bars installed on the widows. They finished the school in 1998 having the city inspector check everything to make sure it was up to standards and opened The New School the school in 2000.

Now imagine having to go to that reform school that your parents just dropped you off at because you did something so bad that they had to send you off, but in reality you weren't guilty in the first place. The school is dark and depressing, big tall iron fence around it covered in old ugly weeds and barbed wire on the top. Grass untrimmed, all the trees are sad looking weeping willows and the outside walls where dark grey. Windows with spider webs on them and the door looks like an entry to a evil looking hospital, and it's Sunday the day before the first day of school.

This is what Rosaleen Venice had to see when she was dropped off. Without her parents saying a word and handing here a map to the school and her book bag stalked with her already assigned subjects, notebooks, and school supplies. "Love you!", Rosaline said with a tone that sounded hopeful for her parents to reply the same thing back. "Good-bye Rosaleen.", her parents replied in a dull voice and a wave of the hand good-bye.

There was a little intercom by the front gates and had a button on it that said, "Push to speak to the administrator". She pressed the small bright red button next to the speaker. She waited a few seconds then, what sounded like an older man, he cleared his throat and spoke up to say, "Hello? May I help you?", "Yes, um, I am a enrolled student here. My name is Rosaleen Venice.", "Ah yes, Rosaleen, we have been expecting your arrival. I am one of the administrators here. We will have one of our teachers let you in.", the man replied in a surprising cheerful voice. Rosaleen waited a few short minutes in the cold morning air of 8:30am with the feeling of turning back and running home, but she knew she would be lost and in trouble.

Then tall sorta husky, deep dark long hair women with a clipboard and black squared glasses arrived to open the very tall heavy gate, "Hi Ms.Rosaleen, I am Nikki, I will escort you to your room to drop off your things, then I will show you to the cafeteria, and the classrooms.", with a cheerful tone of voice that seemed to be the opposite of what Rosaleen expected. "Thank you. I was expecting the total opposite of the arrival greeting, but I guess I was wrong.". The women stayed some what quiet while she walked her in the door, "Right this way Rosaleen, with still the cheerful tone". They headed upstairs to her room, next they walked to the cafeteria so she could eat, finally to the classrooms. On the inside of the school was dark looking with a few accents that looked antique.

"Enjoying the tour hun?, "Mhm! So where are the rest of the students?", Rosaleen questioned as she made a quick polite smile, "They are all in the gym doing some P.E and some games, and the rest of them are doing gardening work on the field out back.", "Ah okay. May I join the students in the gym?, "Sure, just let me make sure you got checked in at the office, then I will hand you over to Dylan, our vice principal so he can introduce you to the rest of the students.", "Sounds good!, she flashed a grin to Nikki sorta enjoying the tour. Nikki walked to the office and showed Rosaleen to the gym.

The vice principal came out and followed her into the gym and introduced her to all the students and staff there. Over the microphone on stage he said "Good morning Dello Russo staff and students, may I have you attention. We have a new student here. Her name is Rosaleen. Now I expect you to be on your best behavior. Thank you.", he walked off and showed her around to some of the games. He then set her free to socialize and make new friends. She stayed for quite some time made some friends, and had a good time. After the games were over she was directed by one of the teachers to meet her in her classroom for all the new students to get to know the history of the school and class schedules.

When the day was over with all the touring, socializing, and the class. Rosaleen went to her room, called her old friend, Heather, on the phone that was connected to the wall to tell her how everything went. After that she read thru some of her school books and schedule, she then got her pajamas on and went to sleep, with one last thought before shutting her eyes, "This is not that bad, but I sure miss my old friends, my home, and my family.