🎋 Author's Segment 🎋

Pokémon: Revalorization
[A Pokémon Fanfiction]
[Book One of the REV Duology]

Current cover created by Cora-chan

•••••

The universe was said to be composed from one component. It then evolved into a cell, which eventually developed into greater components. Life grew more complex as planets were created – with the guardians being responsible to preserve it. Thus, is how the cycle of evolution continued; however, some species were rumored to have died off due to their inability of becoming stronger. In a world of survival of the fittest, only those deemed worthy would go on to evolve into much more meaningful creatures. But what if centuries later, these so called extinct species return?

After all, there is no crueler hand than the one by fate.

"Maybe evolution was never the solution for survival."

•••••

A Quick Notice

Please note that this novel takes place a decade before the events in Pokémon: Revitalization. It is not necessary for you to read this prequel, as those two books are stand-alones can be read in any order as the reader decides.

Pokémon: Revalorization is officially the first book of the REV duology, with it's sequel being Pokémon: Revitalization. So far, those two are the only books planned, and this will not change.

The Extended Summary

Long ago, war plagued Xionite. Being the most isolated region of all, they had no foreign assistance to fight the enemies that pushed forward their ideals. The ancients – a race of people that has developed their usage of magic – and their loyal Pokémon fought against the magic-less humans and their horrendous Shadow Pokémon – a race of Pokémon that evolved from the influence of magic – over who should rule the land. One side wanted to claim their birthright; the other wanted to conquer the region and the world. Hope was nearly lost, as no one dared to step up and end it; many thought that the region would collapse and fall into ruin.

It wasn't until the noble Sir Ios came into the picture that the region found a new revelation: the rebirth for a new era. Ios had requested Arceus to stop the war, offering his life in the process. Instead of directly intervening in the feud, the God bestowed him a mythical sword and ordered him to banish the Shadow Pokémon with it. And so the hero sided with the magicians and used the sword's might to end the war; he then sealed off the remaining Shadow Pokémon and isolated them away from the region. Fearing that the Shadow Pokémon would rise again, Ios founded his own organization to fight off the vermins that lurked in the region.

He called them the Enchanters, an exclusive band of ancients and humans that were rumored to have the potential to bond with their Pokémon and unite their souls as one entity. They were in charge to guard the remaining shards from the sword's blade and ward off anyone who dared release the Shadow Pokémon from their imprisonment. For the rest of his life, Ios dedicated himself to press the ideals of peace and self-defense in order to avert the destruction that could bring Xionite to another war – and possibly bring the region to ruin.

Over time, however, his deeds were lost to each coming generation in Xionite. The people forgot the war that once divided them, and the existence of the Shadow Pokémon became a mere myth. Even the new Enchanters discarded the past as they set their sights on the future – one that valued their magical capacity over the bonds with their Pokémon. Only a handful of elders passed down the historic tale, but even then romanticized it in order to prevent any troubled idea from influencing the new generations. They were glad to be done with war, carrying the hope that one day, humans and magicians could coexist without recalling the past.