Sub-Zero x Shy Reader

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I sat down, letting out a pained whimper. Today's mission was a total failure... Not only did Quan Chi beat our asses, but he also managed to get away. I've been trying to track him for 12 years, and today I could've taken him down.

It doesn't matter, I'll find him again soon. I must... I must get my revenge! To keep it simple, Quan Chi murdered my whole family 13 years ago, when I was 15 years old.

It's all a faint memory, but I still remember the blood spreading across the walls, the fire rising up into the black night sky, lighting everything up. I was lucky to get out alive, I was.

I threw off my pretty much destroyed armour, getting my sweater off as well. My whole back got several cuts today, same with my left shoulder.

A faint knock on the door got my attention. I fastly grabbed my sweater to cover up most of my body as the door opened. Maya opened, poking her head in.

-"(Y/n), Master Liang demands that I take a look at your wounds. He told me you got hurt pretty badly by Quan Chi today," Maya said as she hurried over to me, leaving the door open. I was going to mention it, but left it to be. She'll leave soon enough..

-"Maya, I am grateful that you worry and care, but there is nothing to worry about. The wounds are so small that they'll eventually heal through the week. I just need to sleep and rest up my mind. Tell Master Liang not to worry. I'll see you to breakfast tomorrow?" I asked more as a question. Never have I ever let anyone see my back. It holds every secret to my past...

-"But Lady (y/n), Master said that I had to. I don't want to worry him, and neither should you," Maya replied as she took some steps towards me. I simply let out a sigh, moving my (h/c) hair away from my face. I shook my head, standing up.

-"And I demand that you leave me alone. I told you I am fine," I muttered, pointing towards the door. Maya sighed as she headed to the door. "You've been here from the start, helped me since Kuai found and took me in. Take this one time break, let me heal myself up. Tell him I'm fine."

Maya nodded before leaving, closing the door behind her. As she let go of the knob, I flinched by the pain. I grabbed the side of the bed, leaning over it. Soon enough blood traced down to my stomach, falling so to the floor. The wounds had opened up again.

I walked over to the bathroom, keeping my pained expression. I wandered over to the mirror, meeting my own (e/c) eyes. I then quickly noticed it. My whole torso and arms were dried with my own blood.

There's no wonder Maya wouldn't give up at first. I grabbed the first aid kit, starting to clean the cuts. I was unable to clean every spot of them, because of their location on my body, but I managed to bandage them all up.

*Sub Zero's POV*

-"What did she say?" I asked once Maya came back. (Y/n) must have denied help again. There must be something with her back. Everytime she get's hurt around that area, she denies any offer for help.

-"She denied me. She looked very bad, Master Liang. I am very sure that her wounds are very deep. Her whole torso was soaked in blood, same with her arms. Her face was more pale than that I've ever seen it. I must ask you to take a close look at (y/n) tomorrow, or now. Her beautiful (e/c) eyes were so faint..."

I crossed my arms. I have no choice but to take this situation in my own hands.
-"But please don't go hard on her. (Y/n) is very shy when it comes to men, after... earlier experiences. Just don't do anything to make it worse," Maya explained as I walked past her. "And Master Liang? Thank you."

I didn't reply as I walked over to (y/n)'s room. Luckily it's not located in the far end of the temple. I must admit I am curious to find out why no one is allowed to see her back.