The final exam

' and the mean is 34.7 so it took Simon 34.7 minutes to heat up the beaker...and done'.
Hi I'm Kay, I'm currently sitting my last exam of year11. Sorry about that, My thoughts took over. I just finished my exam with 10 minutes to spare even with looking back at all my answers. This exam is science you see, not my strongest subject but I'm giving it my all. I decide to sneak a look around the hall.
' how are there people still writing? They might be writing a damn essay'. I slowly came back to my thoughts as the head examiner says my row can leave. As I take my step out of the hall I sigh in relief.
" I am done with highschool" I mumble to myself.
" yes and now you have the whole summer to relax and rest up. Well done Kay I'm proud". I look up to see my head of year teacher Mr Owen smiling down at me since I was shorter then him. As we both stand to one side as I wait for my friend Gemma to get out of the exam I turn to talk to him.
" honestly I'm so proud of myself of coming this far, I really didn't think I'd do it" I lean back on the dinner hall wall reflecting back on all the times I came up to him saying how I can't do it. " well you did, I know smashed them " he replies. Mr Owen was the one person that was there throughout the whole exam period. From the first dance exam in February to my science exam in June.
"thank you sir, for being there" I smile.
" you're most welcome, now go get your phone from your locker and get out of here" he chuckles.
" ok sir, see you at prom". I smile as he excuses himself away .
"KAY OMG WE DID IT" I turn to get attacked by my bestfriend Gemma.
" I know we're finally free, we ain't year11's anymore" I reply giggling. We both made our way up to my locker to get my phone and leave the school. Gemma had her phone in her pocket for the whole exam, she was the rebel friend. As we both exit the school we both turn to look at the school for the last time of summer and both smile. 
" five years I've been here, five years and this moment has been the most happiest yet saddest of my life " I exclaim. Gemma just pats my shoulder giving me a simple smile.
" come on Gem let's get you home " a voice shouts in the distance, it was her mum. Her mum was my second mum, I spent every weekend over theirs and Gemma spent every Wednesday and Thursdays over mine.
" ok mum I'm coming " gemma shouts back. " alright Kay I'm going home, I'll see you Saturday for our celebration " she turns to me giving me a hug goodbye.
" bye Gem, enjoy yourself. See you then" I smile and reply as I watch her run to her mums car shortly driving off after. I begin to walk home taking in the last moments of ever wearing again. We simply wore a blue polo shirt with our schools rainbow logo on the left side with the schools name underneath, black tailored trousers and I wore my black adidas trainers. But during exams we were allowed to wear Black skinny jeans even though it was in the middle of summer. As I finally get home I stepped inside to se Amy mum and all her friends sat at the dinning room table chatting away. When I step into the living room all of their eyes turn to me and I just hear a bunch of "
" well done Kay you did it "
" I am so proud "
" you're now free ". I smile and say thank you and I quickly go to get changed into a white cropped top that is off the shoulder and my well known black and white flow shorts to start my long awaited summer.