four

---

---

rowan was stopping by to get another flower today.

last night his one night stand hadn't worked out for him. she wouldn't stop rambling about irrelevant things, like how her acrylic nails were starting to chip off and he only ever agreed to disagree.

when she left early that morning they agreed to meet up again on monday for his party.

that brought him to stubby stems. rowan would ask penelope and of course, she would say yes. then he would leave. end of story.

or so he thought.

his stomach was in jitters as his hand rested on the door handle of the flower shop. the coolness of the metal seemed to daunt him as anxiety began to brew inside him. there was absolutely nothing to be nervous about if she would say yes.

---

penelope was sitting on the counter klling time by eating a energy bar. the energy, she didn't need more but ate it anyway. her trigonometry book was open to the table of contents, she wasn't reviewing. to be fair, she didnt have to study, it all came natural to her. there was never a class she didn't ace.

suddenly the chime rang, startling her. when she saw that it was just mr. one night stand. she didn't know his name, but she was convinced the nickname suited him more.

his seemingly sculpted eyebrows raised considerably when he saw her casually longing on the top of the counter. her hair was still effortlessly tousled and looking softer than the blankets he shared with his flings.

her eyes were even greener today. the kind of green that pushed its way through the piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming. the kind of green that budded on the prisoners of winter, bringing life back to their branches. that churning, passionate deep green colour that oceans would swirl into during a storm. a green hue that could bring hope and life. and looking into her eyes, he could see it. and she knew that he could.

"hi! welcome to stubby stems! how may i help you today?" she greeted. penelope wished she could stop saying that. not only did it sound obnoxiously annoying, but it also startled both herself and the uninterested customers.

just as he'd done the previous time they'd talked, he raised his left hand to give her a slow wave then proceeded again "hi, perhaps i need your digits today?"

"sorry, we don't sell that here. i'm afraid that you won't find that item here." penelope finished with a satisfying grin because she knew her pickup line was faster than he expected.