Day dreams and Nightmares

I'm standing on the shore line everything is on fire. Nothing living would dare come within miles of here. I feel a strand of hair touching my face. I go to brush it away and notice it's scarlet color. It's usually chocolate brown. I look into the water and my eyes are pitch black. Like my soul its self was missing. The white sand gave way between my toes and the water was warm. It was a perfect blue and the sunset was blood red with orange around the edges. Something felt terribly wrong like I was missing something. I looked out onto the horizon and see a shadow on the water yet nothing is in the sky. A fin ,no scale breaches the water then another and it continues for miles until a head emerges its eyes black like mine but something inside of me feels a connection deeper that similarity. It was like I've known this broken creature all my life. It just stared at me it's expression never changing. After what felt like an eternity it went back beneath the water. Something had changed though the water was the same shade of red as the sunset. I reached down to touch it and it felt warm and sticky. I jump back and turn to find a way out of this deserted hell. The fire is consuming the  land around me. The smoke fills my lungs and it's suffocating my mind. I can't think thoughts come and go like forgotten memories. I feel like I should go to sleep but I have to keep moving. I try to pick up the pace but my lungs can no longer give me air. I fall to my knees unable to stand back up.I continue crawling on my hands and knees I have almost exhausted all my strength. I feel my conscious fading and my strength long gone. I finally give in and let the darkness take me.
___________________________
I throw myself off the bed as I wake up. A haze surrounding my thoughts as I fight to gain full consciousness. I finally get up and get ready pulling on a tank top and a riders jacket. I pull on my riding pants and my maple colored boots that go up to my knees. I find my goggles and make my way to the dining room. Olsen is in there dressed in jacket and jeans. I ask him "What elective do you have?" He confirms my suspicions "Riding classes. Why?" I tell him that I have the same but that I had been working on my cousins Pegasus farm for a good portion of the summer so I would be on the advanced flight team. At the academy we fly pegasus like humans ride horse. We have a huge stable full of many different pegasus and other flying creatures such as basilisks for racer breading. They fly tracks similar to greyhound racing. We both quickly eat the wonderful pop tarts I had ordered. We made our way out of our dorm and walked down to the stables. We were instructed into our different areas, beginning classes over by the training field. The advanced competition class was to go to the track. We would be picking our pegasus today. We were to go meet the available animals and report back to our instructor. I walk down the isles looking and the beautiful flying creatures. They weren't magic and more unusual to the human realm. The pegasus farms are a huge industry seeing as they were becoming more popular to own and the sport of flying them was becoming more noticeable. I suddenly hear a loud crash on the other side of the stables and a sound like no other growled throughout the stables. The instructors begin screaming instructions to get inside to safety,but I couldn't leave. I made my way around to find the source of the sound and screams. What I saw there was incredible a beast like I had only heard about in fables stood before me bound by rope. He turned and slashed the ropes from his sides and pinned the boy trying to control him to the ground. Not knowing what else to sat I screamed out "Stop! don't hurt him he didn't mean to hurt you" the beast looked back at me and the world seemed to freeze.

 Not knowing what else to sat I screamed out "Stop! don't hurt him he didn't mean to hurt you" the beast looked back at me and the world seemed to freeze