Chapter 1

Right now—when everything is happy and cheerful from the after effects of Christmas—nobody expected such a wintery night to end up looking like a night on Halloween.

Somewhere in the streets of South Korea—where nothing could be seen without street lamps—everyone wore coats, or they'll get sick otherwise. It was an overall peaceful place. What could possibly interrupt this peacefulness, one might ask. That answer is...

Death.

...

There laid the body of a young man.

With his legs incredibly far apart, and his head twisted in the wrong position, if you looked at his whole body, you'd feel unbelievably uncomfortable.

If people didn't know better, they would've thought he was preparing his costume for a party on the middle of the road or that perhaps there was a production happening. However, people weren't that stupid—especially if there was a terrible smell with authentic blood right before their eyes.

High-pitched voices pierced the man's ears. Without that, he would've stayed knocked out.

Slowly regaining consciousness, the brunet felt it hard to open his eyes.

The first thing he tried to do was move. He didn't budge. His finger didn't even twitch.

In his confused-like state, he gave his all to be able to peek through his eyes.

What happened...?

It didn't help, his eyes were unable to see anything. His mind was only filled with questions. None answered.

He tried to find out what the warm liquid from his forehead was—he contemplated before recalling what had happened.

He got hit—it was apparently a hit and run, too.

In the middle of his thoughts, his eyes gradually got wider, giving him a better view of the scene before him.

From what he could see through his half-open eyes, he could register some people surrounding him; none daring to even get close enough for him to be able to see their face.

"Hey, should we call the police?"

"Shouldn't we call the ambulance instead?"

"Didn't someone call them by now? What's taking them so long?"

"Is he dead?"

Even in this kind of situation, Hyung Seok is still getting this kind of treatment.

If he was good looking, people would swarm over him and ask if he was okay. Seeing how they are reacting, he can tell that no one called for help. He wasn't even sure if someone even tried to call the police or ambulance.

Their eyes pierced through him. Some still managing to judge him despite his near death.

Whether they cared or not, he didn't know what was worse: their judging stares or the pain he was currently feeling.

It might've been from the pain clouding over his thoughts, but Hyung Seok just couldn't find it in himself to even care at this point.

As if knowing that, his eyes started to lose strength as it slowly closed until all he saw was his life flashing before his eyes.

Amidst the flowing memories going past his eyes, he was only brought with sadness.

Moment being bullied were the only ones being shown.

It's not like I have anyone to live for...

He laughed pathetically in his head.

Wouldn't people be happy if I'm gone instead?