Prolouge

This book is Copyrighted. Which means any of it is NOT to be copied or used in any way without permission. Any infringment of this copyright is punishable by law.

(Will need to be edited thoroughly, but I strongly suggest on comments about what you guys think of it so far...please do so) :) Oh, and Vote! 

      The snow was starting to melt away by the glazing sun of spring. Just in time for a beautiful summer ahead. The light of the sun shined through the window, shining bright into her brown eyes. She stood upon her tip toes; her eyes full of hope, staring out the window. Her head only set on one place; the empty driveway. It was beautiful outside. Although she wasn’t allowed to go outside without supervision, especially since her mother had left to the bakery earlier in the morning. 

          The breeze was cold but it was still very sunny. As she looked out the window waiting, the rays of the sun hit her face, making her face boil with the heat. At last, the doorbell rings and she could hope for nothing more than just that. She runs down the stairs on her tiny feet. The excitement of her mother’s arrival back home makes a huge, yet cute smile appear upon her small round face. It’s true her mother had just left in the morning but for her it always felt like weeks. She always thought that once her mother was gone, she’d leave permanently just like her father had done.

           The doorbell rings once again and she slides into the kitchen with her socks, gliding on the floor and into the living room to get the little box of chocolates. She had made the box at school, and her teacher had brought in chocolates for everyone to take home. This was her way of surprising her mom on mother’s day. She races back to the door, accidently dropping the flowers from her mother’s favorite vase. Thank god, the vase was safe. Her mom would have freaked out if it wasn't.

            She gets back to the front door, the shadow of two unrecognizable figures standing outside. Her teeth start to quiver, even when she tries so hard to shut her mouth tight, her body also shakes rapidly, like suddenly her tiny body was hit by a cold, chilly breeze. But hope still tightly clung onto her.  She opens the door wide and quick, not wasting another second. 

"Momm---" and then silence echoes the room as she looks up at the two figures with wide eyes.

              The two men were very tall, but the one on the left was a little chubby. She throws the chocolates onto the floor and begins to push the door shut, immediately so none of the two men could get in. The two men who are much stronger than a 7 year old, push the door wide open, making Maisie clench her jaw tight, and wobble onto the ground.

“There’s nothing to worry about, sweetie. We’re the police. Just need to know your name. Sweetie, what’s your name?" The chubby man kneels in front of Maisie to get to her eye level giving her a warm smile.

                He puts his left hand out to help her stand up. She bites onto her bottom lip, stuttering to speak. The drips of sweat roll down her forehead because she can't make anything out of the situation, even when her mother had prepared her in case strangers were to barge into their home, but her mother never prepared Maisie for the police.

"My n-name is...Maisie." Her mouth shakes as if feeling cold. However, it isn't the cold but the fear that kills her inside. She definitely didn’t see this coming. 

"Is there anyone else in here with you, Hun? Possibly an adult?" The taller man asks, looking around in the kitchen where the flowers have fallen out of its place.

"N-no it’s just me." Maisie holds the bottom part of her braid so she could stop herself from shaking. Her mom always told her that no one should know when you’re scared of them or something. She told her that she should always be fearless of anything.  

"Oh. Wow. They left the kid all alone." The taller man laughs at how pathetic Maisie’s parents are. 

"Anyone you can go to? Where’s your dad?" The chubbier man was a bit nicer to Maisie so she only looked at his direction to talk while avoiding the other one.

"No one else. And…and my dad’s gone. But you can talk to mommy when she gets home. I can make you tea. She taught me how---"

         She looks at the two ‘officers’ in a puzzled way, but ignoring them she begins to pick up the pieces of chocolate from the ground, waiting for one of them to talk or ask further questions. However there was no talking until the chubbier man looked away to talk to the much stricter man.

“Bill, Find out where she could go.” The chubbier man faces Maisie, picking her up in his arms and giving her that same warm smile. “Don’t you worry. You’ll be safe.”

        At that moment, she realized that those two were not police officers but two hunters who were very close to her mom; Bill and Pete. 

(I would love to get feedback, so please do give feedbacks on what you guys think it'll be like later on.. good idea? bad? Also, vote)