Levi x Reader | Poems and letters [29]

Just a hobby

MERRY CHRISTMAS + HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ONE AND ONLY CAP'N SHORTIE!

(Y/N)'s POV

"What do you need to tell me?" Mikasa sat down beside me, and I was really excited to talk to her.

"You wouldn't believe what just happened earlier!" I almost squealed, and this made Mikasa sigh. She smacked her hand onto her forehead.

"I swear, (Y/N). If this is one of your stupid fantasies about that shortstack, I will really punch the shit out of you." I hesitated, but I knew damn well that Mikasa wouldn't really punch me. Besides, she always says that.

"Punch me now because I think I'm dreaming. Anyway, you know that Heichou likes to read, yeah?" I inched closer to her, not wanting anybody else to hear.

"Ugh, you are really getting on my last nerves. And yes, I do because I know almost everything you know about him. Want to know why? Oh yeah, it's because you blab about him all the time." Mikasa was obviously annoyed but that doesn't mean that she has the right to be rude.

"What's the commotion, guys?" Eren asked while Armin, Sasha, Connie and Jean tagged along. All of my friends know about my feelings for Levi, so I don't really care if they hear it or not. Besides, if Mikasa doesn't want to listen, then I guess I'll have to tell them instead.

"She's talking about Levi Heichou again." Mikasa crossed her arms, sending me daggers through her stare. I huffed and looked away.

"Geez, (Y/N). What do you even like about that short-legged grandpa anyway?" Jean snickered. I hissed at him. How dare he call him short-legged grandpa? I know he's short but he's definitely not a grandpa.

"Don't call him that. Anyway, Levi's reading this particular series that also caught my interest. I'm so happy we had a conversation on our day off! Plus, it's not about work or cleaning." I said happily, remembering it as if it's happening again at this very moment.

"Oh yeah, and how long did your conversation with him last? 5 minutes? 2 minutes?" Eren teased. Come to think of it, our conversation didn't really last long but it was still a conversation.

"Who cares? It's still a progress." I crossed my arms and frowned at them.

"I'm more interested on the books..." Armin murmured to himself.

"Face it, (Y/N). He's your superior—our superior. You... you are a talented soldier and I'm afraid that's where the line ends. You know you can't date him or anything. Plus, if you get the chance to befriend him, you're lucky, but that's all you could become. A friend. He's too distant and out of everyone's league." Connie's word hit me hard and it drained every happiness that I felt because of my short conversation with Levi.

"I know that already, Connie. You didn't have to tell me. I-If you guys will excuse me, I'll be in the quarters." I stormed out of the cafeteria. I was very upset. Why wouldn't they just listen and be happy for me?

Once I entered the quarters, I sat on my bed and took out my small notebook. This is a great time to express my sadness into poems..

I flipped the pages and found an empty page. I grabbed a pen and instantly wrote a bunch of words and eventually created one poem.

There are thousands of faces in the world,
and yours is my favorite
though I haven't met every single person,
I'd still choose your wonderful face over and over again.

There are thousands of voices in the world,
and yours is very mesmerizing to listen to,
though your voice is monotonous,
I'd still listen to you over and over again.