Part One: The Concert

Valentina's POV: 

 One day in early spring, I was on my phone scrolling through Tumblr while listening to "O' Sole Mio" by my favorite singing group from Italy, Il Volo. I had just gotten to Piero Barone's part when I started to sing along with his strong, beautiful voice.

- " Ma n'atu sole, cchiu' bello, oi ne'. O' sole mio, sta n'fronte a te!"-

*Sigh* 

I could almost imagine him singing to me, us dancing to the gorgeous music. Just then, an alert popped up on my screen. 

"IL VOLO WILL BE PERFORMING IN WASHINGTON D.C. IN TWO MONTHS TIME." 

It was a result of the program my friend, and fellow Il Volover Melissa Barone had coded. It immediately alerted me of any Il Volo performance within a certain mile radius from me. Cool, right? :) "Eekk!!!" I screamed, nearly dropping my phone. It had been almost a year since I had seen the trio in concert, and every chance I got to see them I flipped out. I spent the next two months in a frenzy, booking tickets, a hotel room, and appointments to get a beautiful dress. This was sure to be the best day of my life.

*Morning of the Concert, two months later*

I look at the time. It is only 7 in the morning, but I get up anyway because who could sleep on a day like this? I took a shower and got dressed into my favorite comfy clothes. Not knowing what to do with my time, I decided to lay out my stuff for the concert later that night. I assembled my supplies for hair and makeup and laid my new dress I had bought on a chair in my hotel room. 

The dress was expensive, but I loved too much, as it reminded me of the gold dress from the 'Canzone per te' music video, not to buy it

The dress was expensive, but I loved too much, as it reminded me of the gold dress from the 'Canzone per te' music video, not to buy it.  The color went great with my skin tone, it brought out my eyes, and hugged my figure so well I couldn't help thinking I looked like a supermodel in it.   I spent the rest of the day laying around, listening to Il Volo and singing their songs. A few hours before the concert, I began to start my hair and makeup, and then put my dress on and matching gold shoes. After what felt like hours of getting ready, I took a final look in the mirror.     

Woah.

I never really thought of myself as good-looking. I mean, people told me I was pretty and I'll admit I'm not hideously deformed but... I wasn't going to lie to myself. I looked good. REALLY good. I smiled. I was ready for tonight.

*A while later*

I had been sitting there, in the front row, in complete bliss. Their enchanting voices, in my beautiful Italian, seemed to swirl around me like a gentle breeze and fill me up like a warm drink. I couldn't explain it, but somehow they made me feel whole again. I sound completely crazy, but they are almost hypnotic. I hear the opening to Piero's solo, Non ti Scordar di Me. I smile and start to sway to the romantic tune. Suddenly, I see Piero stride from one side of the stage up to the very front. Right. In. Front. Of. ME. He glances down, sees me and begins to smile while he sings. He then reaches out one of his hands, indicating for me to stand up and come to him, so I did. During one of the songs musical interludes, he reaches down to me, grips my waist, and effortlessly lifts me with his strong arms onto the stage to stand beside him. By then, I'm freaking out. I'm on stage with Piero Barone! THE Piero Barone!! As if it couldn't get any better, he them clasps my hands in his, looks into my eyes and sings to me. For the final line of the song, he gets down on one knee, still grasping my hands and holds the last note of the song looking deep onto my eyes.