Audrey and James

[ prologue ]

Audrey:

 “When will you dump James, Audrey?” Camille, my sister asked me. I raised an eyebrow. Where did that question come from?

“Why would I? We’re okay,” I said. I got a deodorant from the stacks. Oh, I like this brand. I placed the deodorant in our cart. I looked at Camille who has her hands in her waist.

“’Til when? You see, you always fight. Today, you’re okay. The next day, you’re not. You do not deserve this kind of relationship, sis. Like last week, you even fought about the clothes you wore. And the week before that, you even fought about you being anorexic,” Camille uttered. I shrugged.

“I like to fight with him.”

“But until when, Audrey?” she asked. She pushed our cart towards the sanitary napkins’ aisle. I sighed but I still followed her.

“Until we don't feel like giving up.”

--

James:

“When will Audrey dump you, James?” Victor asked. Victory is my best bud since kinder. It’s quite sappy but we’re like brothers.

“Why would Audrey do that? The last time I checked, we’re okay. More okay than your dog, Lucas.” I opened our next bottle of beer. I added ice on my glass and poured the beer. Victor laughed. I didn’t know why he laughed. Maybe because of the Lucas reference. Lucas is idog that likes eating stuff—those stuff that are not edible. Thus, he’s always at the vet every other week. But a part of me says that he laughed because I said that we were ‘okay.’

“Until when? I remembered you fought just last week. I bet you’re going to fight again next week,” Victor said – almost ending it with a conclusion. I shrugged.

“We’ll make it.”

“Make what? A baby?” Victor joked. I threw a pillow at his face. He laughed then went to the kitchen to get some chips.

“Why not?” I mumbled.

--

 [ a/n: ]

I wanna post it para 'di ko makalimutan 'yong idea. yey. sana sipagin; and sorry sa english kong trying hard :-))