15: Covet

I promised a Christmas Chapter!!

Here it is!!

Enjoy!!

A Merry Christmas to you all!

***

All was set.

Ben and Angela and Mike and Lauren were set to leave with the tickets I'd given to Stephen. Bella and Charlie were going to be in La Push with Billy and the two youngest wolfs and Stephen was coming with us.

I had spent hours with him, brain storming anything and everything that could go wrong, going as far as making flow charts and it had made Alice so antsy, seeing so many versions of the future through me and she'd finally ripped the papers out of my hands and practically shoved me to Edward's room, where he's tried hard to reassure me.

"I know you're worried, but can't you just focus on us for tonight? I need to be able to take some time with you before I have to leave." He whispered seductively, a hand trailing slowly down my back while the other moved to my hair, massaging it delicately.

I sighed, closing my eyes when I felt something cold and metallic against my wrist. I opened my eyes to see his fingers clasping a silver bracelet on my left hand, a crystal heart swinging from it.

"It was,"

"Your mother's," I said softly.

He nodded, "I inherited some family jewelry over the years and I wanted you to have it. To represent my heart in your hands, if you will," he said, stroking the inside of my arm as he stared at the bracelet.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"Not as much as you," he said, making me snort.

"No, you don't understand. You think I'm joking but trust me; you're too beautiful for your own good. Not just in the face, but your soul...I'm always afraid of making a mistake that would have me lose you." He said.

"Don't be silly. I'm too stubborn and reckless to be handled by anyone but my over protective and over reactive boyfriend."

I pulled myself on to his lap so I could wound my arms around his neck to press my lips gently to his. We sighed at the same time in relief, the lost intimacy rekindling again as he moved his hands to my waist, holding me to him enthusiastically, returning the kiss. His lips moved faster, making me pull away for breath as he trailed down my neck, dipping into my collarbones as I let out a small whimper.

He stopped immediately, feeling me wrap my legs tighter around his thigh, grinding down on it. His eyes widened, looking up at me in shock before closing his eyes tight, a growl erupting from his throat.

"Don't do that." He snapped suddenly.

I froze, looking at him in surprise as his eyes softened at my expression. "Just...you're making it so hard to resist you right now." He breathed. I just stared at him before smiling. "Well, who says you have to? We're alone and Stephen doesn't have super human hearing..." I leant down to kiss his ear lobe and he laughed.

"Of all the things to be thinking of tonight..." he sighed, when I hummed along his cheek.

"You wanted me to think of us, right? I'm thinking of us." I said.

"Yes, but," he trailed off when I began to press kisses against the column of his neck, leaning into him so he sat back against his pillows, my legs straddling him. His breath deepened with each kiss and I had to admit I was enjoying myself. It had been so long since he'd touched me and I wanted him, I wanted more of him.