A New Place

Sophie and Anna sat on the bed in sophie's small, plain room, staring at the postcard. Anna was the first one to speak. "this is incredible!" she cried. "How can this be? Nothing special could ever happen to us!" Sophie laughed. "but it is! "she cried. "We're going to France!"

     The next few days were spent in a flurry of excitement. Sophie and Anna had immediately began packing. Sophie did not have much to bring, but Anna promised to lend her some of her beautiful clothes for special occasions, like the ballet.

     When the make a wish person came to the house, Sophie and Anna were ready and waiting at the door, grinning excitedly. "Well, I see I've been happily received." said the woman. "My name is Lauren. I'll be Your mentor and guide as we embark on this lovely adventure. I understand it has always been a dream of yours to go to Paris. I'm here to accompany you on this dream". She said grandly." Lets get moving!" Her black hair waved in the wind as she gestured toward the silver car waiting for them by the road.

     Sophie looked back at the house. Ben stood there, making shooing motions with his hands. Valencia stood beside him looking thoroughly put out. Sophie smiled as Anna took one hand, and her mother took the other as they followed Fama  to the car. "I  am glad to be going" she thought.

    After a half an hour car drive, They finally made it to the airport. When Sophie first stepped in, she froze, gasping as her eyes tried to take in the entirety of it. Anna laughed when she saw Sophies face." I forgot you've never seen the airport!" she cried. "Well your in for a treat!"

    The airport had an impossibly high ceiling, huge windows, and, mosaics, bits of stained glass, even some sculptures of famous people or modern shapes. "This way! "said  Lauren in a singsong voice. She led them towards the first of the security stations at a brisk pace, saying, "we mustn't be late!" While they stood in line, she asked about their interests, their hobbies, and their time in the hospital. Sophie talked about her fits, and Anna told of the many treatments she had gone through to try and get rid of her tumor.

     About an hour later they boarded the plane. Anna insisted Sophie sit by the window, so she pressed her face to the window, marveling as the ground fell away from the plane. SHE, Sophie Roshen, a nobody, was going to France.