Recovery

I rushed over to Alex first, her left leg and arm bleeding. She had a bruise on her head, but it didn't seem as bad as the gaping gash she had on her lower back. I pressed my head to her chest and listened for her heartbeat. I thought it was kind of weird, my face in her breasts, but it was to keep her alive. I was sitting there, praying and hoping for some sort of beat. Thump. I heard the heartbeat loud and clear. Thank God she's alive! With that aside, my mind was all over the place. Why did the Fallouts take Sev?, I thought to myself. Shit, I need to focus on Jack and Alex! Come on Bryce, think! What would Jack do... I bolted upstairs and grabbed anything that looked medical off the shelf. I cut through the ropes on Alex's chair and carried her to the couch. I set her down gently. I hurried back over to Jack and half carried/dragged him and tried to at least hoist him up, but I couldn't do it. I'll just leave him there.  I decided to treat Alex first. If one of them dies, I'd rather have Alex alive. Imagine having to live with him with no girls around... I shuddered at the thought. I tried to treat the gash on Alex's back first. I picked up the Peroxide bottle and poured some on a rag. I lifted her bloodstained shirt and examined the gash more carefully. There was blood still seeping, and it went from the middle of the spine to the lower-right side of her back. I placed the rag on her back and put some gauss around it to keep it in place. I moved on to attend to the rest of her wounds. Her arm was pretty bad, it looked swollen near her fore arm and I thought she might have a fractured forearm.