One

I never really considered how much one night may change your perspective on things. For example, in the middle of the summer, my friends and I thought we should go to this guys party. We didn't really know him or anyone else there, but figured if we didn't go we'd get shunned at school the following Monday.

Little did we know that after that night we would be invited to every party after and we were considered part of the 'it' crowd. It was a weird feeling for us, we've been on the outside looking in for so long and now people were wishing they could be us.

The night that really changed my life was the night of Grassfield High's winter formal. It was a girl-ask-boy type of dances and I was planning on going with my boyfriend Lucas, but the douchebag dumped me three days before and every eligible guy was already asked. But that wasn't going to stop me from slaying everyone at the dance.

I showed up with my squad, we all looked like a million bucks. heads were turning, underclassmen boys were drooling, and every girl envied us. As people showed off their dates and dresses, I tried to blend in and hide the fact that I didn't have a date.

Once people began dancing and everyone gathered in the middle, it was easier to blend. It was also easier to see who got dumped, asked out, or ditched. Girls left crying and boys high fiving their mates.

It was only when the slow song played that I realized that hiding and blending wasn't as easy as it was before. Everyone around me grabbed their dates to sway with for the next four minutes because they always play the longest slow songs. I was about to walk out when the boy walked by, looking both confused and cute as hell.

"I can't find my date, He turned around a couple of times then looked at me. "Since my date seems to not be in the building, can we dance?"

I was about to say no thanks, but Lauren shoved me towards him. I tripped and practically fell into his arms. He caught me, and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

Once I regained my balance I looked into his eyes; big mistake. You know those moments in Hallmark Christmas movies when the choir starts singing and the time almost stops? That's exactly what happened. I couldn't move, I felt like my feet were glued to the floor.

I've never felt this way before, I used to ward off all boys with my sarcasm and wit until they couldn't take anymore. They normally only last about two days, max. But I could already tell this one was going to be different.

Eventually I forced my body to move enough so I wasn't a stiff board. I keep making eye contact with him and the only way I knew I wouldn't freeze up anymore was to put my head against his chest. I felt my heart beating so fast that it might actually beat out of my ribcage.

The song was coming to an end, but he wasn't loosening his grip he has around my waist. I figured I should move first, just so that we wouldn't have to deal with the rumors going around.

"I think you should try to find your date, don't want her to get mad at you." I told him. He looked almost disappointed. I'm not going to lie, I would love to dance with him again but if his date goes looking for him and sees me she would have my head on a silver platter.

As he turns and the confused look appears on his face once again, I turn and look for my friends. They all look like they' about to bust at the seams, Bella the most out of the three.

"Oh my god you were just dancing with David Hoffman?" Bella squealed.

"I ship you guys!" Maya practically shouted at the quietest part of the song that is playing for what I believe is the fifth time tonight. A couple of heads turn to see what's going on between us.