Chapter 2

Nothingness lasted a while; or at least Rowan thought that it did, he couldn't really wrap his mind around time in this place. There was just nothing and he couldn't tell if a second was actually a second or if it was longer, or shorter.

None of them could talk or move here. They were forced to stand perfectly still, yet it required no effort to stay still, or even to stand. Rowan was just... frozen, he could still think but that was basically the furthest extent of this place.

After a very long and boring wait, their surroundings flashed and in blinked a new environment.

The three friends  now found themselves standing in the middle of a ruined courtyard, large moss covered stones A strange man with a ragged looking beard, a hardened face and a long black cloak was standing in front of them.

"More travelers I see... ugh, where is it now this time? Aralien again?"

All 3 of them were completely dumbfounded, and had no answer for him.

"Well? Hello? Where are you all from?" the cloaked man said with a groan.

"E.. Ea... Earth" Autumn said

"Ahh... Earthlings I see. We don't get many of you around here!"

The cloaked man stared at them obviously expecting some kind of response.

"Anyways... welcome to Oryana!"

"Where are we?!?!" Zack said aggressively.

"You're in Oryana... obviously."

"And what is that exactly???"

"It's Oryana... one of the 673 known dimensions...?"

"Wow... you 3 are really lost aren't you?"

They nodded their heads simultaneously.

"Alright. I'll start from the beginning I guess..."

"You are in a different world, far different from Earth. I presume you happened upon this world by accident?"

"Uhhh... yeah... we walked into some weird room and there was this purple thing... and um... we ended up here." Rowan said

"Ahh. The infamous 'purple thing' you wouldn't believe how many of you ignorant Earthlings have ended up here by accident. Never ends well for them..."

"Anyways, like I was saying, Oryana is a far different world from Earth, with it's own inhabitants, environments, cities, laws, and much more."

"How can we go back? To Earth?" Autumn asked impatiently.

"You can't. Plain and simple."

"Well... not simple, and you technically can, but not now. The only ways to travel between dimensions are by accident, like you three have, and by powerful spell work which I no of no one who is capable of such a feat here in Oryana."

"There has to be some way back!" Rowan cried desperately.

"I'm sorry to say, I don't think there is. At least not for the time being. You see, Oryana is in somewhat anarchy at the moment"

"Our main capital, Icaran, was attacked by an ancient evil that we cannot even comprehend, the king was murdered and everything has suffered since."

"Oh boy, it's time for my next introduction! I have to go now!"

The cloaked figure snapped his fingers and the world around them started to fade away slowly. As it disappeared around them, the man shouted out.

"Oh and by the way, my name is Colinra, enjoy your stay in Oryana! Try not to die!"

The environment faded out around them and a new one began to take shape.