Blue Cat 32

Blue Cat 32

Thomas looked out of the window. It was not a nice weather for going for a run, but he was determined to keep up his training. If he was going to be one of the elite enhanced members of the Imperial Police then he was going to keep himself in peak condition. He looked out at the pouring rain and decided to wear that lightweight cape he had been given. It made him look like one of those old-fashioned policemen wearing the cape, but it kept his body dry but gave freedom for his legs to run.

Having nicely warmed up with the run to the park he decided to run the outer track twice then twice round the figure of eight then complete the morning with twice round the outer track and back home. That was his plan but the best-laid plans can come adrift. Having completed twice round the outer circuit he started on the first of the figure of eight circuits. As he reached the crossover point of the circuit he saw someone lying on the grass to the side of the track. She wasn't dressed for the weather, in fact had very little on at all. Within seconds his cape was off his shoulders and covering her. He touched her arm; she was freezing and needed warming quickly.

At his call an ambulance was there within five seconds and as the doors opened Thomas picked up her unconscious body and started towards the open doors. Two of the attendants shook their heads and as they pulled out a stretcher he lowered her chilled body on to it.

He climbed in beside her and was thankful for his enhancement as he dried both of them off.

The ambulance crew were already preparing heated blankets and as he climbed off her unconscious body they wrapped her up. He looked up, they were preparing a warm drink for when she became conscious.

He felt her becoming aware of herself and even as she started to struggle he was pacifying her, stopping her struggling as the warmth started to make its presence felt and she started to thaw out.

"You are safe now, you are in an imperial ambulance on the way to an imperial hospital. Someone tried to kill you and I am averse to seeing beautiful girls die. My task besides saving your life and looking after you; is to find out who did it, why, and punish them.

The ambulance crew have made you a warm drink to help you thaw from the inside; I will help you sit up so that you can drink it."

She felt herself being lifted at her shoulders and opened her eyes to see a magnificent specimen of manhood standing at the end of the bed. He smiled at her with a smile that brought out the crinkles at the corner of his eyes; a man who smiled often.

One of the ambulance crew came over with a cup of something and the tendrils of steam that rose from the cup smelt delicious and she had no hesitation in drinking it down. She felt the warmth spreading out from her stomach into the rest of her body.

"What do you mean, look after me?" she asked.

"One, you have no one else. Two, someone wants you dead. Three, therefore you need a body guard, a Kitten would probably do the task better, but I am averse to seeing you out of my sight. Beautiful unattached ladies do not often come my way, and I am staking my claim early." She saw his smile turn into a grin.

She decided to move away from so dangerous a subject. "Do you normally dress like that?"

He looked down at his clothes and laughed. "No, I was out exercising when I found you and did not go home to change before calling the ambulance. But I can still remedy that," and he was standing there in a very smart blistering white shirt with dark grey flannels and sandals on his feet.