Chapter 3

Rydel's POV

So I decided to go down to the tree at 7 but nobody came. I stood there for about 10 minutes and then I have up. I knew nobody would come. But them just as I was about to start walking inside I saw a figure come around the side of the house. I crouched down behind a bush to see who it was. It was hard to tell at first but then I could tell who the mysterious figure was. It was Ellington. It was quite strange because he had something in his hand. It was a small box. When he started approaching the bush I crawled over to a tree and then stood up and walked over to him so he wasn't aware that I had been hiding behind a bush. As he drew nearer and nearer I started to get more and more nervous even though Ell and I are best friends it just felt well, awkward.

Ell's POV

As I got closer to Rydel I began to regret ever doing this. I looked down at the small, black box in my hand. I wonder if she'll even like it. For a second I thought about turning around before she realized that I was coming to her but then I remembered the note. That stupid note. Why did I even write that. Why would she want to meet a mysterious stranger at a tree at 7 o'clock after I told her I knew noting about the note. Ugh this is terrible. Well, I guess there's no turning back now.