• o n e •

your pov.
another day, another homework assignment. wow, i'm really that nerd. i'm really that person. the person who is picked on for being smart and successful. especially by, mallory. the beautiful one, the popular one. she's the girl everyone wants to be, and she so happens to be noah's girlfriend. my crush's girlfriend. fuck.
"y/n! did you finish the book?"
"mill! i actually did. a girl who wants to be popular, and get noticed by her crush." i say. wow that's totally not me. "the best part is that her wish comes true and then they start dating. it's just couple goals!" millie exclaims.
we keep talking about our crushes while walking to our lockers.
"he asked to borrow a pencil!" millie squeals.
"i have never talked to noah."
"ever? well, you're not that far behind. that's the first time me and finn talked. it's stupid how he just borrowed a pen-"
"you're invited. it starts at 8."
"huh?" me and mill turn around to a guy handing out invitations. the boy handed us both a paper.
"no way!!" millie says almost screaming.
"this isn't right, it has to be a prank. we never get invited to part-" i say before millie interrupts me.
"this is a chance to talk to our crushes! it's our goal to do that."
"no uh uh. this is not happening mill."
"look." mill points to the bottom of the paper.
hosted by NOAH S,FINN W,CALEB M, GATEN M
"i can't go to this! noah has a girlfriend, remember?"
"who cares! it's not like they show it!"
"millie i don't have to-"
"shh! do you hear that?"
"hear wh-"
"shhh!!"
we walk to the corner of the hall and see...noah? mallory?! breaking up?!? no fucking way. this is a dream.
"mal, this was a mistake! i don't have feelings for you anymore!"
"noah. please! i really like you and I thought we had a thing." mallory says. almost crying.
"i don't have time for this." noah walks back to his locker and then he leaves.
"omg! y/n!!! we're definitely going to that party now."
"wait milli-"
"see ya after school!" millie says and then heads off.
what the fuck just happened?!
invited to a party? noah breaks up with mallory?? what's next noah talks to me? yeah this is a wild dream.
"hey loser."
i turn around to see...mallory.
"here do this." she shoved her homework in my arms and then walks off. why didn't she push me to the ground and call me a bitch after slapping me? i don't think this is going to be a bad day. maybe millie is right. i have to go to the party.