• t h r e e •

noah's pov.
it landed on y/n. i was speechless. look me and y/n didn't have the best history, but i wanted to get to know her, mallory took most of my time so i never really got to make any new friends. it really upset me, when mal would just torment and push y/n around. i didn't do shit to help, because i'm suck a dick...that's what you get when you're popular and have all the attention. i got up and i smiled at y/n, but she just frowned. she hates me.
"so are you gonna go or not?" sadie chimes in.
"i...i guess." y/n says.
i nod.
i walk into the closet before y/n does. what a dick move noah.
we finally settle in and the closet door closes.
"i never really got to know what being a nerd feels like." fuck. i said the wrong thing.
y/n looks at me weird.
"i mean..not a nerd...like a normal person! not popular. you know what i mean?"
she halfway nods.
"i didn't choose this life." i say.
"me neither." she tells me.
"you know how it feels to be bullied?"
i shake my head and look down.
"it feels like shit, and you think you're struggling."
"i didn't know that." i say.
"well know ya do." she tells me.
"it hurts to know that you're the nerd, and that you're only trying to be successful. then everyone takes advantage of you." she continues.
"i'm sorry about mallory." i say.
"don't be, it's not like you can do anything. she's going to keep doing it." she says.
"you know me and her used to be friends, best friends. until she met someone better. she ditched me and then she became the queen of the school. she shut me off...completely." she continues.
i didn't know what to say, but my actions got the best of me.
i pulled y/n into hug.
"i'm really sorry i can't help. but i'm hoping we can become friends. the world doesn't deserve you y/n. you're awfully smart and you seem like a wonderful person. don't let people get to you."
"thank you noah."
"just don't do that."
"do what?"
"act like you care."
"what?"
"a popular guy, trying to be friends with a nerd and comforting her too?"
"im not p-"
"if you wanted me to do your homework, you could've just asked." y/n says in a low voice.
"y/n. i'm not trying to take advantage of you, i actually want to get to know you. i actually want to be friends."
she fakes a smile.
"i am going to believe you on this one." she laughs.
i smile.
"i guess we could be friends." she says.
i laugh.
"yeah i guess we can." i say.
"7 minutes are up!!" we hear gaten say.
"do you want to hang out after this?" I ask.
"sure." she smiles.
"i'm happy to hear that." i say.
i let her go out first and then i did.
"so what did you two do in there?" millie, i assume, says.
"talk." y/n says.
from the corner of my eye i see mallory. i ignore her presence.
"hey y/n, do you want to go with me to my room?" i ask y/n after everyone sits back in a circle. we decide not to do it anymore.
"sure." she says.
"yo finn!" i scream.
"wassup dude."
"wanna hang out in my room?"
"sure...mill come with me?"
she nods.
we four walk to my room.
finn and millie sit in the beanbags and y/n sits on my bed.
i sit beside y/n.
we all talked to each other and watched a movie.
"hey noah, me and millie have to go." y/n says.
"okay. hey y/n."
she looks at me again.
"this was fun. we should do it again sometime." i say smiling.
she nods.
"bye finn." millie says.
as soon as they exit. finn starts talking.
"millie is so cute, and funny, and so smart. she's beautiful and i wanted to kiss her so bad!! but i was too scared to. like she was different and wa-" i cut him off.
"chill, i get that you like her." i laugh.
he does too.
"i know."