The ocean means everything. To me, at least

|-----------------------------------|

                                                               |Beta's p.o.v         Year:1969 |

                                                               |-----------------------------------|

I sighed as i sat on the rock ledge, that led to the ocean trench which used to be were Inner Persephone was. I sighed as i looked out at the broken city.  Rapture was dead.  Many splicers were dead.  Little sisters were dying. Some, where even becoming older.  Big daddies kept dying.  Big sisters ruled, now, as i had thought.  Sofia Lamb had escaped just a year ago now, and Rapture is left to die.  Unless someone can save it, that is.  I would've gone back to the surface by now, but society would never accept me.  I'm a genetic freak.  I would get captured, and science experiments would be preformed on me.  And i was never. NEVER.  Going to let that happen.  EVER.  

I looked down at the ocean trench.  I had loved this place.  Everything was fine with my life until good old Lamb showed up.   Now, every day, i came up here.  Nothing better to do, but sing La Vie En Rose to no one.  My partner, Alpha, was usually off doing crazier things than me, like torture splicers.  Me?  I wasn't into that.  "Come ON!"  She tells me, every time.  Sure, she is sixteen.  But again.  Me?  Nope.  I looked out at the rest of the ocean, sighing.  Everything had changed.  i propped my elbows on my knees and let my legs dangle down to the trench.  I wasn't too worried about falling off, though.  I could just teleport back up, as i guessed.  She sighed.  The year was 1969 now.  So much had happened in all of these years.  Alpha had told her something about 1958 being the year, when more than one person died in Rapture.  I didn't understand a thing about it.  It was just...  

I jumped up as i saw a few purple and black flakes appear behind my back.  At that moment, i realized something; i was falling.  Fear raced through me at that very second.  I was shaking; frozen in fear.  Right as that happened, a hand wrapped around mine.  It pulled me up, and i managed to teleport right next to her.  It was Alpha.  Of course.  Even through her helmet i could see her grinning.  "Thanks."  I said, almost sarcastically.  "I had to be enjoying life until you popped into it.  Literally."  I muttered.  "Don't get smart with anyone who has more authority than you.  It might get you killed one day."  Alpha said.  I rolled my eyes,  walking to the end of the ledge.  I never understood what she meant by that.  She could be strange at times, like she knew what was going to happen in the future.   "Why are you up here, anyways?"  I suddenly asked.  "I saw a bathysphere.  Heading towards the welcome center."  She said with a serious tone to her voice.  "Are you sure it didn't have any big sisters in it?"  I asked.  "Oh, it did.  three big sisters."  Alpha said, staring off into the sea.  I sighed in relief.  Then we where fine then, right?

"Then... there's nothing to worry about,"  I said.  "right?"  Alpha shook her head.  The third one was no ordinary big sister."  She said.  A shiver went down my spine.   I shook my head.  What did she mean by that?  "W-what do you mean by that?"  I asked, starting to panic.  I could feel my heartbeat increasing now, getting faster by the second.  I took some deep breaths, to calm down.  I could tell that whatever she was going to say, she was dead serious about it.  "It was Eleanor Lamb.  She's come back.  And she's got two big sisters with her."  She said, her voice as serious as it could be.  At that, i felt like a drill from a big daddy had just drilled it's way through me; mentally.  This couldn't be happening.  It had to be a dream, right?

What you think about this so far?  Do chapters need to be longer?  Should i add more description?  Please tell me in the comment section. -Twenty One Endings