Chapter 19

Ludwig happily started walking towards the stable, Albi obviously following obediently. He led her to her stall and slipped her halter on, then leading her out to the cross-ties to curry, brush, saddle, and bridle her. After his dressage saddle was sitting snugly in her back, and her bridle was straight and in place, he led her out of the barn. Feliciano was waiting for him, hands on hips when he arrived to the arena.
You fucking scared me.
"Sorry." Ludwig replied with a smirk. Feliciano rolled his eyes, and sat on a near by bench.
Show me what you can do crazy bastard
"I wont be as good as I used to Feliciano. I have lost a lot if muscle recently..." he rambled while snugging up the saddle, and walking his horse forward a few steps. He mounted his horse at the mounting block. He entered the arena, head held high, and helmet snugly strapped on (curtesy of Feliciano).
Ludwig surveyed his surroundings. The indoor arena was the same as it always was, only a new layer of dust was added. He let his reigns long, letting his horse choose where, and how she wanted to stretch. They usually walked the rail, or outer edge of the arena, until she wanted to change directions.
Since the two had already galloped through a mile of woods, Ludwig decided to only do light work. After their walk warm up, he picked up a lazy trot, eventually working his horse to extend her metallic neck into the contact. (Again, google it!) Contact is the line traveling from your elbow, arm, reign, and the bit. A horse should never be forced into a contact, as it is very hard on their body. A healthy, working horse, will extend their necks into the contact, making their neck arch gracefully. The rider should only need butterfly movements to move his horse.
Once Ludwig established a contact, he envisioned the kind if canter he wanted. This is key in creating an ideal canter. He elegantly squeezed his horse in the positioning he used to make the canter transition. Immediately, he felt himself struggle with the basic, collected canter.
I am a failure! At my level, even in my situation, I should be able to ride a collected canter! But, why do I feel so dizzy? Ludwig thought.