one

When I was little I lost my dad. Ever since then mom has had me under a microscope. I've been home schooled since third grade and am barely ever allowed to leave my house. Mom has been "protecting" me all these years from what, I'm not sure, but I guess I've become used to it.

"Good morning sweetie" mom says opening the fridge.

"Breakfast looks good mom" I say looking at the bacon and waffles sitting on the kitchen island. I sit down at the counter, mom pouring a glass of milk.

"Any plans for the day?" I ask my mother.

"No why?" She responds.

"Just wondering" I say sipping my milk.

"Can I see your phone?" Mom asks. Oh yeah mom takes pleasure in looking through my phone once a week yet she knows there's not going to be anything on it. I only have two friends Autumn and Ryan and she already knows them. Also I'm not allowed to have any social media. Definitely living the normal teenage life.

"Alright all clear" mom says handing me back my phone.

Yeah I know, I think to myself.

The rest of the day goes by the same as it always does. Mom and I watch movies together then she gets us snacks, later we eat dinner and play board games. Then we kiss each other goodnight and I go up to my room. The only time I can close the door is when I'm going to sleep. It's weird but whatever. I have a little balcony off of my room and sometimes I go and sit out there to write because you can see the ocean in the distance and the fresh air feels nice on my skin. It's summer now and it's humid here in California. I start putting pen to paper letting my thoughts drift onto the page.

"Hey" I hear a voice say startling me. I look around and don't see anyone. "Down here" the voice says and I look down.

"Who are you?" I ask and before I can say anything else they are sitting on my balcony with me.

"I'm Corbyn your neighbor" he says reaching his hand out. I hesitantly shake it back.

"Samantha" I say "but you can call me Sam."

"Well Sam how's your writing going?" Corbyn asks.

"It's ummm good" I feel uncomfortable by his presence I mean usually I don't have people sitting on my balcony with me and the fact it's a guy makes it even scarier.

"I haven't seen you outside really only every once and awhile" he says and I apparently I give him a weird look because he says "sorry if that sounded creepy I mean I have a girlfriend and all just checking to make sure you weren't living with a maniac or something." I mean he's partially right I am living with a maniac.

"I'm living with aliens" I say.

"Good one Sam" Corbyn says propping his elbows onto his knees.

"I thought so too" I say giving him a light smile.

"Corbyn where are you?" A voice calls.

"Well that's my mother calling but I hope I see you again Sam. I'd love it if we could be friends" Corbyn says climbing down from my balcony.

"I hope so too" I whisper to myself watching Corbyn walk into his house.

My mind was racing and I didn't have any trouble finding the words to write into my notebook.

(A/N new series! Ahaha I'm always coming up with new ones but I really like this one so vote and comment what you think!)